Leard121

Downloading help

Ok guys I've just bought my first gaming laptop. Brand bew straight out of the box.... Installed gta5 and have tried several times to install lcpd. Not sure if it's error on my part but no matter which of the three links I click to Download it's not a zipped file. Can anyone that has recently downloaded it give some advice. The videos I've see. As of a couple of months do not show the updated version. Thanks guys 

I believe the top two are .rar files (the auto loaders), the manual should be a .zip file.

What are you downloading, and what are they called?   Where are you downloading them too?

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:07 AM, Beattle said:

I believe the top two are .rar files (the auto loaders), the manual should be a .zip file.

What are you downloading, and what are they called?   Where are you downloading them too?

i just tried it again. you are correct the third one is the zipped. earlier it wasn't showing a zipped file. not sure if it was something on my end or just a hiccup in the site.

Well, there will be problems with that too.  As I just found out, the (3rd option) manual, is actually missing files.  Not enough to crash game that I have found, but each persons system is different.

As I have crashed many computers in my life... many on purpose, many not on purpose, can I suggest something to you?

Edited by Beattle

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:49 AM, Beattle said:

As I have crashed many computers in my life... many on purpose, many not on purpose, can I suggest something to you?

absolutely. also I downloaded the updated version of rage plug in hook and upon start it says game is corrupt reinstall game

Ok, I too have had new computers in my life.  I still remember my first HP desktop being delivered..... oh.... way back in the day when Prodigy was a chat forum/Room.

Anyhow...... be carefull what you are doing on your brand new out of the box laptop.

I am guessing it is windows 10

Make a games folder.   example   c:/games/Grand Theft Auto V    - I am sure this is too late as you installed the game

Make a folder for everything you download.  Not just for this game, but for everything.   Keep it confined in case of errors or virus'.

for me, I did E:/games/Grand Theft Auto V       for the game

E:/games/mods/      for everything I downloaded for this game

Where this gets tricky, if you want to play game online, with these mods....YOU CAN NOT DO IT.  Do not try.

If you just want GTA5 for fun, not online, then lets continue

I suggest downloading the installer from site.  (ads or no ads, up to you )   as I said before the manual one is missing files.

download that into your new downloads folder  (e:/games/mods/..)

I should just make a video... sorry, getting tired.

12 minutes ago, Beattle said:

Keep it confined in case of errors or virus'.

Last time I checked, a few folders doesn't control the spread of a virus. 

@Beattle yes its for fun. this mod is the only reason I bought the new laptop lol. ill go in and download the installer like you said.

tried downloading both and it show RaR file on both