So I have used OpenIV forever, since GTA4. For whatever reason, now I am having issues i cant seem to figure out.

It seems that when I add a model, or texture, open IV will recognize it, but the game will not. 

For example, I have the explorer and I put the SAHP repaint which is 4K, and that worked. But now I am adding a Blaine County repaint to that same vehicle (replacing the SAHP and LSPD files I already tweaked) and it will not show up in game even though im replacing all of the necessary .pngs in the ytd files. The yft models even show the repaints in OpenIV, but they just arent showing up in game.

I have tried to rebuild, and even resorted to downsizing the textures from 4K to 2048s in desperation to find a solution. 

PIC 1.png

provide the paths where you making this changes, and how did you work with the ytd files,are you replacing them or just adding as secondary copy? Need more information

Ok so for that particular vehicle i am in 

GTAV > update > x64 > dlcpacks > patchday4ng > dlc.rpf > x64 > levels > gta5 > vehicles.rpf This is where the vehicle was supposed to be placed per the read me, and I went into the police3.ytd and replaced the 8 explorer_sign files, which are the actual paint files. I both replaced one by one, as well as dragged and dropped to troubleshoot. And when the "Choose Import Options" dialogue popped up, I automatically generated MipMap levels and set textures format to "Automatically".

This process has worked before, just not anymore for some reason and I have no idea why.

Edited by JAbrahamson

Open IV has bug with aplying textures when you just change name of the texture and save it. But this isn't your case and you can see it in the open iv actually, For you i said path for police3 is correct if it doenst show up any changes in the game(old liveery apear) that means there is a other file source some where i suggest you open police3+hi.ytd and look for liveries if you find them just delete them.

I assumed that there would be a different file somewhere that overrode the files in patchday4ng. But on that police3 model, the police3+hi.ytd only has one texture for like back seats or something. So I have been searching other locations for police3 files with no luck.

Is it possible to just put everything in the  vehicle.rpf located in the patchday8ng file path and have that override another file thato may be causing the issue? 

5 minutes ago, JAbrahamson said:

I assumed that there would be a different file somewhere that overrode the files in patchday4ng. But on that police3 model, the police3+hi.ytd only has one texture for like back seats or something. So I have been searching other locations for police3 files with no luck.

Is it possible to just put everything in the  vehicle.rpf located in the patchday8ng file path and have that override another file thato may be causing the issue? 

Is your mods folder so large so you can't even check every rpf? Try to look into mpchristmas2 and other dlc archives it's possible that you install some cars there and forget about that. But anyway i suggest you to delete your mods folder and reinstall all mods but now use your brain and remember where you install things. If my advices doesn't help you or you can't do this. I may offer you teamviewer session where i can take a look myself. Your choice

43 minutes ago, sub68 said:

Is your mods folder so large so you can't even check every rpf? Try to look into mpchristmas2 and other dlc archives it's possible that you install some cars there and forget about that. But anyway i suggest you to delete your mods folder and reinstall all mods but now use your brain and remember where you install things. If my advices doesn't help you or you can't do this. I may offer you teamviewer session where i can take a look myself. Your choice

No. my mods folder isnt that large. I know where I install the cars, and when i have messed with textures in the past few days that did work in game, I used the exact same files as I am now, it just isnt working.

I know what I am doing, I was trying to figure out if something had changed, or if there was a little bug or something that would cause this issue.

5 minutes ago, JAbrahamson said:

No. my mods folder isnt that large. I know where I install the cars, and when i have messed with textures in the past few days that did work in game, I used the exact same files as I am now, it just isnt working.

I know what I am doing, I was trying to figure out if something had changed, or if there was a little bug or something that would cause this issue.

No bugs, no updates of open iv on last few weeks. Anyway good luck with that.

Figured it out.. well got it fixed at least! Just went to a backup game and reinstalled everything andddd it works, magically. Not sure if I messed something up originally or something, but it all magically works now haha

TY for your help sub68