Clark0384

CD vs Steam Version

Is the Steam version of GTA V better than using the retail CD? I have the CD version and the mods just don't seem to work as well as I was hoping (Shift doesn't initiate a traffic stop, in fact I don't know what does). I can give more specifics if needed, but this is a general compatibility question between the two. For the purpose of playing GTA V for the LSPDFR mod, would I be better off getting the Steam version? 

2 minutes ago, Clark0384 said:

Is the Steam version of GTA V better than using the retail CD? I have the CD version and the mods just don't seem to work as well as I was hoping (Shift doesn't initiate a traffic stop, in fact I don't know what does). I can give more specifics if needed, but this is a general compatibility question between the two. For the purpose of playing GTA V for the LSPDFR mod, would I be better off getting the Steam version? 

It is essentially the same game, so it shouldn't matter. The guts of the game are the exact same regardless of which version you buy.

There are some advantages to having the steam version IMO, but they have nothing to do with LSPDFR specifically -- and I don't want to start an argument so i'll leave it at that.

All i can say is that the Disk version is quicker to install. But the Steam version is easier if you have a good internet connection to install. My Steam version takes about 18 hours to install where as my Disk version takes about 2.