Sign in to follow this  
Drewster327

Sheriff Lights carvariation

I'm still a little new at this so bare with me, Any vehicle I download for sheriff slot the lights rotate instead of flash. I assume that's something to fix in the carvariation.meta but I can't find the dlcpack that includes the carvariation with the with the sheriff slot, any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to learn to mod

7 minutes ago, Drewster327 said:

I'm still a little new at this so bare with me, Any vehicle I download for sheriff slot the lights rotate instead of flash. I assume that's something to fix in the carvariation.meta but I can't find the dlcpack that includes the carvariation with the with the sheriff slot, any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying to learn to mod

You have to add the line for sheriff slot yourself. 

16 minutes ago, SaucyPow3r said:

You have to add the line for sheriff slot yourself. 

ahh, ok, does it matter what dlcpack carvariation I edit it into?

Edited by Drewster327

39 minutes ago, Drewster327 said:

ahh, ok, does it matter what dlcpack carvariation I edit it into?

I also didn't understand this when I was new.
This mod helped me a lot to figure it out

https://nl.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/more-police-cars-to-add-v1-2

I have added 10 emergency vehicles in the game right now, so let me know if this helps you too.

10 minutes ago, ginot1994 said:

I also didn't understand this when I was new.
This mod helped me a lot to figure it out

https://nl.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/more-police-cars-to-add-v1-2

I have added 10 emergency vehicles in the game right now, so let me know if this helps you too.

Seems pretty complicated, I just want to change my Sheriff car to an impala and have the lights work properly. I tried adding a line in the Mpchristmas2 Carvariations and it just crashes on me

On 1/22/2016 at 5:36 PM, Drewster327 said:

Seems pretty complicated, I just want to change my Sheriff car to an impala and have the lights work properly. I tried adding a line in the Mpchristmas2 Carvariations and it just crashes on me

When you're adding the carvariations lines make sure the beginning of the lines has "<Item>" and the end of the lines has "</Item>". Also, make sure you didn't delete anything from the top of the file. The top of the carvar file should look like this, or something similar:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<CVehicleModelInfoVariation>
  <variationData>
    <Item>

That would be my guess on why your game is crashing. As for the lights, I would try making sure light and siren settings are set to 1 in the carvar file? Have you tried this? 

<lightSettings value="1" />
  <sirenSettings value="1" />

Edited by SoarHawk