Ale6894

police car models not spawning in game

Apologies in advance if someone already asked or if i started a thread wrong, I could not find one to help me solve my issue. I use open IV to mod everything In game, when I replace a car model (police cars) in open iv it shows up just fine and I do exactly as the read me states. (have some experience with GTA IV modding) However, when I load up the game only one model will show up (police1) (police.yft) etc. as the modded car in the selection menu and the rest haven't changed...they stay the same yet do not spawn in game only the police bike does. The games does not crash nor do i have issues with selecting cars at the police garage when starting lspdfr. I select the files in open iv to make sure the cars are installed into the correct places in open iv and they are, they show up as if everything worked normal. I'm at a loss as to what is going on, I also made sure my ASI loaders were installed. I have added my most recent log as well.

RagePluginHook_23012016_133724.log

6 minutes ago, Ale6894 said:

Apologies in advance if someone already asked or if i started a thread wrong, I could not find one to help me solve my issue. I use open IV to mod everything In game, when I replace a car model (police cars) in open iv it shows up just fine and I do exactly as the read me states. (have some experience with GTA IV modding) However, when I load up the game only one model will show up (police1) (police.yft) etc. as the modded car in the selection menu and the rest haven't changed...they stay the same yet do not spawn in game only the police bike does. The games does not crash nor do i have issues with selecting cars at the police garage when starting lspdfr. I select the files in open iv to make sure the cars are installed into the correct places in open iv and they are, they show up as if everything worked normal. I'm at a loss as to what is going on, I also made sure my ASI loaders were installed. I have added my most recent log as well.

RagePluginHook_23012016_133724.log

Hello,

I would recommend watching this tutorial which uses the mods folder so it won't overwrite the cars on installing mods. Also, please make sure you have the OpenIV.asi and the ASI loader installed, which can be installed by opening OpenIV, going to tools and clicking install on them.

Regarding the vehicles not spawning, they may be installed incorrectly. Try the video's way and see if that makes a difference :)

Cheers and hope it works! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwY5Vf9LGsU

Edited by OfficerCaswell

I made sure from the start that the asi loaders in open IV were installed, hell idk. Anyway, Thank you guys!! Reinstalling now and resetting everything up. If It works I will update asap. We shall see! 

Edited by Ale6894

2 hours ago, Ale6894 said:

I made sure from the start that the asi loaders in open IV were installed, hell idk. Anyway, Thank you guys!! Reinstalling now and resetting everything up. If It works I will update asap. We shall see! 

So when you try to spawn the police cars they just never appear? Do you get some graphics glitches in the world when you try to spawn them?

They spawn through the in game console just fine with no graphics glitches, but it's the original game model and not the model I replaced it with in OpenIV. Yet the model I installed will show up when I click the file in OpenIV to view it. The modded model nor the original midel will spawn by istelf in game as normal. Only the police bike. (So far) havent really played more than a minute each time. 

Edited by Ale6894

Well normally if you install a car mod and still get the original it's a case of installing them in the wrong patchday usually. Which vehicles did you replace and what folder did you replace them in?

Police (1) installed fine and it was installed the same as the rest through x64e. Copying the downloaded files, dragging and dropping the copied files into OpenIV "replacing" the model. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong. I never had an issue with lcpdfr. All my cars there are custom.