CaptainX3

Your police car as a traffic barrier?

Hiya guys. I just had a thought cross my mind and wondered if any of the scripters/programmers out there might think it's possible.

There are quite a few mods out there that feature traffic barriers to help control traffic flow that you can place down and then remove at will. One good example of this is Traffic Policer with the Road Management menu. I was playing the game last night and inspiration struck me.

Is it possible to program a script or plugin that, at the press of a hotkey, your police car will turn into a traffic barrier with the same properties as the ones in other mods? Basically, you park your car across the lane or whatever you want to block, and you press the hotkey and traffic immediately treats your car as a barrier and goes around it just like they do with cones and such.

I have no programming knowledge or experience, so I have no idea where to begin to try to do this myself. I don't even know what tools you guys use to make plugins and scripts and callouts. I've toyed with the idea of learning how to do programming for LSPDFR, but I couldn't even guess where to begin.

Anyways, it was just a thought that hit me, since placing and removing barriers manually can be a real pain at times, especially with traffic trying to run you down while you do so. And then they get tangled up in the barriers and you end up with a traffic jam anyway LOL.