BootyFabricator

How do you Update RAGE and ScripthookV?

So I have been playing on the old patch instead of updating to the new one because I didn't want my mods to stop working.

This is my first update with mods and I'm not too sure how to update.... Do I just update GTA V from my modded game directory and then drag and drop the new version of RAGE and ScripthookV into my directory (replace the old ones) and magically all my old mods will still work on the newest engine?

Any help is much appreciated!

16 minutes ago, BootyFabricator said:

So I have been playing on the old patch instead of updating to the new one because I didn't want my mods to stop working.

This is my first update with mods and I'm not too sure how to update.... Do I just update GTA V from my modded game directory and then drag and drop the new version of RAGE and ScripthookV into my directory (replace the old ones) and magically all my old mods will still work on the newest engine?

Any help is much appreciated!

Yes, that's how I do it. Update GTA 5, then, after grabbing the newest RPH and ScriptHookV, drop those into your directory, just like when you installed them the first time. Replace all files that you're prompted with. However, keep in mind that you'll also need to update your mods. Traffic Policer and Arrest Manager both need to be updated along with the RPH. If you have any mods that have not been properly updated, they may not work. However, some mods don't need an update (EasyRepair and the latest Police Radio for example).

39 minutes ago, Steele1925 said:

Yes, that's how I do it. Update GTA 5, then, after grabbing the newest RPH and ScriptHookV, drop those into your directory, just like when you installed them the first time. Replace all files that you're prompted with. However, keep in mind that you'll also need to update your mods. Traffic Policer and Arrest Manager both need to be updated along with the RPH. If you have any mods that have not been properly updated, they may not work. However, some mods don't need an update (EasyRepair and the latest Police Radio for example).

Thanks a bunch man!

and one more question for you: If I want to play online can I just move my modded GTA V folder out of my steam directory and insert a vanilla copy of GTA V? I have a backup vanilla copy and would like to go try out the new Executives update!

10 minutes ago, BootyFabricator said:

Thanks a bunch man!

and one more question for you: If I want to play online can I just move my modded GTA V folder out of my steam directory and insert a vanilla copy of GTA V? I have a backup vanilla copy and would like to go try out the new Executives update!

Now that.... I don't know. I'm sorry bud :sad:

On 12/19/2015 at 8:09 PM, BootyFabricator said:

You shouldn't need to make multiple copies of your GTA folder. I run both online/SP from the one install - for playing LSPDFR I have a desktop shortcut to the rage plugin hook exe which loads with mods, for online I just launch through steam normally.

For managing RPF mods, I use a mod directory with OpenIV, and install/uninstall the asi loader depending on whether im playing online (uninstall) or sp (install). ENB/shader mods seem to be fine to run online so I just leave those be.