Iceking007

Clarification and information requested

Hello, I've recently stumbled upon a few videos of a Police simulation video game that have all had a similar appearance or identical components in nature but by different people; one video made reference to this website which has brought me here.  I have been able to put together that some form of add-on is patched onto GTA V; other then the original GTA game my brother and I used to play online with his high school computers I don't much know about the new version other then it's been hailed as very controversial and very 'adult' in nature (I don't much care for all the profanity and disrespect within the game I see and hear in the videos; it certainly has come a long way since the simple and enjoyable "Out-run the Police").

I also realize that LCPD and LSPD are not typos for the same thing and that FR stands for First Responder, but other than this I can't quite put the other pieces together.  I suppose I'm also wondering if this is essentially a completely new game within GTA, I'm quite familiar with Microsoft Flight simulator and the online community add-ons and live interfacing but to be Police officers arresting and interacting with ai characters would be considered to me as in the realm of using M.S.F.S. for piloting nuclear summaries off the coast of France (lol that would be good fun but I prefer to fly).

I also appreciate the fact that (let's say a good portion of people) enjoy the hack and slash brutality of shooting up a neighbourhood of bad guys, speeding and chasing after anything that moves; these aren't realistically actions of a responsible Police officer/ law enforcement agent.  Perhaps bound by the actual design restraints of GTA which (all though admittedly of limited knowledge) I believe the main structure of the game to be, however is there any future plans or ability to create more of a realistic "simulation" style interface in which an officer wouldn't always curse at the citizens, be bound by more stringent regulations/ supervision, promotions(demotions), internal affairs/ detective missions ect. ect. or perhaps that is not within the scope or possible development realm.

Sorry to blast out a large post such as this; I also wasn't sure where to post this as it doesn't seem to fit into any of the form categories, perhaps a general page board or info/ Q&A would be a good idea.   I've subsequently searched for other such Police related games and although I've seen some very good ideas and great potential out there I see them all lacking large chunks of substance, some of which the others lack I find within the videos I've watched presumably of GTA V, in which an entire city and ai system exists, proper mechanics and physics (for both people and vehicles), realistic interactions and immersion.  Although I do see lots of work (solely in my opinion) that (very loosely stated) 'needs' to be done (I also read lots of these updates are being worked on, such as better handcuffing and detaining suspects) I also appreciate how much work must have gone onto this and presumably (again no real basis to measure against) how much improvement already there is from the base game, so congratulations on that and keep up the good work.

To close I'm also interested in how to get started; a brief search indicated while GTA V is an older release there is no real hope in a new (GTA VI?) prior to 2018, so I'm considering buying it just to play this; is the LC(S)PD stuff freeware like most of the F.S. community or how does that work?  Also would this open up provisions to possibly include Fire &/ EMS in the future? (Just planting a seed).

Lastly I promise, although unorthodox I'm reaching out to the community for their experience; to be honest I'm not much interested into the actual "GTA" vanilla game, are there any other good Police simulators worth while that perhaps I've missed? (I am assuming this is quite literally the be all/end all that we have at hand to date; certainly the support forum and new feature additions support that theory alone) however in case I've sorely mistaken this as a die hard GTA game play & interface firstly with added Police mod, community; then perhaps something else is better suited for me?  (I hope that's not poorly written, I am not an English scholar, I can see how that may be misinterpreted.)

Thank you for your time!

both LCPDFR and LSPDFR are the basic police simulators, We just make the mod possible, it's up to the players themselves how they want to play. People use it to have fun, people use it to be realistic, people use it to be both.

We've taken the classic standard GTA and pretty much made it what it was never going to be played as, A police simulator. There won't be any reward or punishment system since nobody really wants it, same with ranks and what not. there are people (including myself) that don't want to be restrained by regulations.

LCPDFR/LSPDFR is meant to be fun.. not realistic (hence why you can choose a fighter jet as a patrol car in LSPDFR). Although with the patches on the police officers uniforms in GTA V (so far there is only uniformed detective, PO 3+1 and PO3 but more can be added with a mod) you can create your own ranking system with imagination, also with the many plugins you can choose from you an make your game as realistic as you want.

as for other police simulators, there really isn't any good ones around.. the only police simulators that exist are ones from the late 90's early 00's, LA Noire (another R* title), the crappy German police simulators and Police Simulator (recently released, can't think of the name).

the LCPDFR and LSPDFR mods are free to use and download, like all mods for GTA, you don't need to pay anything.. Although there is a donate option if you wish to support development (this is completely optional and you don't have to do that at all), Just make sure you follow the install instructions of the mods very carefully as if you're not familiar with modding/new to it then it maybe a bit tricky to figure it out, We also have a support section to help you out. 

as we're soley a police simulator, we won't be adding a EMS/Fire mods, However there are other creators who have made these mods so you can check them out (just do a simple google search).

If you wish to know more about LSPDFR (or LCPDFR) you can check the videos out on YouTube (many YouTubers love to play them) or you can check out the forums as there are many feature previews, descriptions and what not you can find. 

Although personally, i'd advise you to buy GTA V, as LCPDFR on GTA IV has stopped development because the Development Team is focused on LSPDFR and GTA V, plus gTA V is a better port, with better modding options. not to mention LSPDFR will be 10x better than LCPDFR.

If you have any more questions then feel free to ask, We're always here to help =)

http://i.imgur.com/I0B5P1Y.png

This topic has been moved to the appropriate forum. Please post in the correct location in the future.

Hello and thank you for the great reply; I'm still confused about LCPD and LSPD, these are only mods for GTA and not stand alone games correct?

Also, what do they stand for, perhaps the full name will clear that up?  or what makes them different? (presumably  something Police Department)

Problem is I don't have an internet subscription so watching lots of YouTube videos on my cellphone data is very expensive.  I understand the entertainment of the arcade interface but just wanted to know were it may be heading as far as realism; as I said before I assume greatly dependant on the coding used by the GTA developer but thanks for the clarity as far as developmental direction goes.

13 minutes ago, Iceking007 said:

Hello and thank you for the great reply; I'm still confused about LCPD and LSPD, these are only mods for GTA and not stand alone games correct?

Also, what do they stand for, perhaps the full name will clear that up?  or what makes them different? (presumably  something Police Department)

Problem is I don't have an internet subscription so watching lots of YouTube videos on my cellphone data is very expensive.  I understand the entertainment of the arcade interface but just wanted to know were it may be heading as far as realism; as I said before I assume greatly dependant on the coding used by the GTA developer but thanks for the clarity as far as developmental direction goes.

they are mods for GTA so they're not a standalone game, LCPDFR is for GTA IV and LSPDFR is for GTA V, they stands for:

LCPDFR = Liberty City Police Department First Response.

LSPDFR = Los Santos Police Department First Response.

the mod allows you to be a police officer in the GTA world, attending to crimes, arresting people etc. rather than playing the Criminal in GTA you're a cop. but like i said, as for realism it's up to you/the player to decide. you can play realistic if you want, as there are other mods which intergrate with LSPDFR/LCPDFR to make it more realistic.