masekone49

GTA4 problems pls help

i have downloaded gta 4 for my pc, im new to this ive always watched videos on youtube of the police modding. I really want to learn how to do mods etc. i already downloaded lcpdfr 1.0 but im starting the game from 0%. is there a mod for a full 100% completion. Im having a problem with saving the game it says cannot autosave because of an update for live? and then the game is so slow im pressing keys to drive and turn and it takes seconds to actually move :( I just want to learn how to play and pull people over and get mods. please help Thanks!!

1. Press your PrintScreen button, or use the snipping tool built into Windows.

2. Save the image in Paint and upload it to www.imgur.com (you can save it into paint by pasting it). 

3. Link the image here. 

1. Press your PrintScreen button, or use the snipping tool built into Windows.

2. Save the image in Paint and upload it to www.imgur.com (you can save it into paint by pasting it). 

3. Link the image here. 

I meant the directory sorry. where is the directory? im on the gta 4 file now

Please post a screenshot of your entire GTA IV directory (where the GTAIV.exe file is located). I want to see all files in that folder. 

I meant the directory sorry. where is the directory? im on the gta 4 file now

Please post a screenshot of your entire GTA IV directory (where the GTAIV.exe file is located). I want to see all files in that folder. 

Could you try and reinstall the game, and then start it with no mods at all? 

it took like 4 & 1/2 hours to install the game. what would re installing it do?

Potentially fixing it :) 

that will fix my problem of not being able to save the game. because it tells me to auto save the game I have to be signed in to LIVE. well ive signed up already and it says it cannot log me in because I have a pending update but I cant find an update at all. it says my acct also was not downloaded completely so I cannot sign in. and to top it off It goes slow. or lags whatever. but I have a good computer I don't see why it would go slow. and I have a full connection. I have a hp pavilion  dv7-3162nr pc.

I just want to play this already lol I got this game along time ago and I tried playing it and downloading mods but couldn't get it to work at all I was so mad so I just stopped trying and I don't know anyone who knows how to do this or even knows you can do this on gta 4. all I can do is watch the police duty videos on youtube and wish I can do it -_-

I downloaded the games for windows live 3.5 but it doesn't start the program. says unable to start program. supposably connection but I am connected to the internet as we speak. I don't get it.. I have all the other programs already. but the game I have is for steam. I have my steam acct and all that etc.. idk what to do

Dear masekone49,

Are there any errors popping up when you join the game or when it crashes? If so, please list the errors. (Example: SMPA60, RESC10, D3D, stuff like that.

Hope I can further assist you!

Edited by ams1717