ghostnineone

Crashing when ordering ped to leave vehicle

I have a fresh install of GTA IV on steam with the latest patch and whenever I order a ped out of a vehicle it will instantly crash. I have had this issue prior to reinstalling. It never happened before but started out of nowhere which is what prompted the reinstall, so I am pretty lost as to why it's doing this.

I have no mods except LCPDFR, both exe's are set to admin and aren't read only. My GTA IV directory won't stay set as read even with UAC off.

edit: after changing the vehicle density from 30 to 20, I don't crash when ordering a ped out of the vehicle, even after changing it back to 30. Will try restart the game with it at 30 and try again.

edit: restarted the game and changed it to 30 right before ordering a ped out of vehicle, it worked once and then on ordering another ped it crashed, got the same error again

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                         at unmanaged.NativeContext3.Invoke(Int32 nameptr, Byte[] args, Int32 argnum, NativeContext3* cxt)
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
                         at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
                         at GTA.NetHook.Tick()
Edited by ghostnineone

Sorry this isn't much of help, but I've had this happen to me also. It would crash when I wasn't in pursuit of anyone and I ordered a random person out of their car at gun point and the game would crash to desktop. Only time it doesn't crash is when I'm in pursuit or if I pull someone over. Maybe that's what is happening with you too.

Edited by Exo 401

Can also verify this. Just crashed on me when someone bumped into me, and on ordering them out of the car, it crashed.

I can further confirm this is an issue.  Upon initiating a traffic stop for a simple traffic light violation, I discovered that one of the four passengers of a vehicle had an active warrant.  I decided to pull everyone out of the vehicle, starting with the driver.  Upon ordering the driver to exit the vehicle, my instance of GTAIV immediately crashed.  Windows 7 Ultimate.  Using ELS8, and a handful of ELS-enabled police vehicles.