anon user

Help with making scripts more stable?

Hello,

I'm currently working on a FDLC + EMT mod which you may have seen in the downloads section, however I am new to coding for GTA, and my script is currently quite unstable. Currently, the script crashes quite a lot, however I can't understand why. Most of the time the script crashes when something is spawned or the player tried to interact with something that is spawned. I don't know if maybe im not creating my vehicles / peds correctly or something but I was wondering if any scripters have any kind of experience with this? (Blips are also very dodgy) I'm coding it in VB.net and using a scripthook dll.

Thanks

Are you willing to release the source code? People would probably be a lot more willing to help if they can see what's going on in your code. Although I understand if you don't want to have to worry about plagarism. It's just that GTA is inherently unstable with mods installed and making the game more stable isn't really a simple thing. If it was simple then the LCPD:FR mod would almost never crash. :P

I agree with Drift_91. Releasing the source code would let other scripters or coders analyze your code and help you out. Maybe even give you ideas for your mod. I am getting into scripting or coding myself. I don't really know a lot as I am just learning, but i'm learning as I code by experimenting. I don't know if I can give a lot of help, but i'm willing to help you out. :)

This thread was posted a full year ago, I'm not sure how it was found but it's long since dead.

If the OP is still having issues he can make a new thread. There was no need to bump this topic.

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.