Sign in to follow this  
Halbakken

Game crashes after 10-12 min

Hi everyone!

My LCPDFR 1.0A keeps crashing after approx 10 min.

I've tried to replace the dsound.dll with the xlive.dll, but game keeps crashing.

I even tried to uninstall LCDPFR and just play GTA IV, and the game runs fine. No crashes at all.

I have modded cars and uniforms, that's it.

Attached all the log files.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :) Are you using a legal copy of the game? Latest patch? What other mods are you using? 

Yes, I'm using a legal copy of the game, and the latest patch (1.0.7.0).

The mods I'm using are modded cars, I think all of the police slots and the ambulance slot are modded. Also the uniforms and one weapon mod (mp5 or something). I also have updated the weaponsounds for more realistic sounds, but I've never had any problems with that before. Basicly, the crashing startet after I installed LCPDFR 1.0 :(

I've read something about "high poly" models, is this something that could affect the game? How do I find out if any of my modded cars are high poly?

Thanks for your reply!

LCPDFR is only supported on a unmodded copy of the game. Does the game work without any mods, except LCPDFR 1.0? 

You can open the files with OpenIV and view the poly count there. The vanilla cars have a small file-size, so compare to them. 

LCPDFR is only supported on a unmodded copy of the game. Does the game work without any mods, except LCPDFR 1.0? 

You can open the files with OpenIV and view the poly count there. The vanilla cars have a small file-size, so compare to them. 

Ahh, okay! Yeah, the game works fine with the mods if I uninstall LCPDFR 1.0.

I have SparkIV, can I use that one or do I have to download OpenIV? :)

I'd recommend OpenIV instead, not sure about SparkIV. 

If the game does work fine without mods, install them one by one to find out which one crashes :)

I'd recommend OpenIV instead, not sure about SparkIV. 

If the game does work fine without mods, install them one by one to find out which one crashes :)

Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think of that before :P

I'll let you know, thanks for your help so far :)

Great, good luck with that :) 

Allright, so I replaced all my modded cars with the original ones and started adding one modded car at the time. The game runs smoothly so far with only two modded policecars (I havent filled in all of the slots yet), but I experienced one crash after approx 30 min gameplay.

The LCPDFR log is as following:

[WARNING - 8:50:00 PM] [soundEngine] PlayExternalSound: IO error while opening wave stream from D:Grand Theft Auto IVlcpdfrAudioPoliceScannerRANDOMCHAT_05.wav. File already in use?

This is more of an audio-error, I guess?

I've also got like a thousand of these errormessages:

[WARNING - 8:46:06 PM] [TaskBeingBusted] Process: HasVehicle is true but vehicle doesn't exist

The advancedhook logfile looks like this:

Log started on: 18:33:17 3-9-2014

------------------------

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Gameversion - 1.0.7.0

[iNFO - 18:33:17] XLiveLess present - skipping xlive changes

[iNFO - 18:33:17] AdvancedHook 0.28 PSAPI Test © 2010-2013 LMS - Initialized

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Permission granted for LCPDFR only

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Thanks to listener, aru and #iv-modding

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Attaching exception handler...

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Exception handler attached

[iNFO - 18:33:17] Patching game functions...

[iNFO - 20:53:51] An exception occured

[iNFO - 20:53:51]

Process: CE0000

Address: 16A6687 (ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ‰ãTt)

Code: C0000005

Registerdump - EAX: 5B7E270 EBP: 6926FE94 EBX: 6400 ECX: 59 EDI: 638F EDX: 0 EIP: 16A6687 ESI: 6926FDE8 ESP: 6926FDC4

The game was paused for some while because I was watching a movie :)

This error occurs for most of us, not sure why but it shouldn't be the cause of a crash. 

[WARNING - 8:50:00 PM] [SoundEngine] PlayExternalSound: IO error while opening wave stream from D:Grand Theft Auto IVlcpdfrAudioPoliceScannerRANDOMCHAT_05.wav. File already in use?
This is most likely caused by the police helper, or some other scripts that deletes vehicles
[WARNING - 8:46:06 PM] [TaskBeingBusted] Process: HasVehicle is true but vehicle doesn't exist
Registerdumps rarely helps to locate a error, atleast for me
Registerdump - EAX: 5B7E270 EBP: 6926FE94 EBX: 6400 ECX: 59 EDI: 638F EDX: 0 EIP: 16A6687 ESI: 6926FDE8 ESP: 6926FDC4

So, I've been playing for almost an hour and half without any crashing! I think the problem was one of my modded policecars. The policeslot nr 1 was a very "high poly" model, and when I removed it and replaced it with the original LCPD police car, the game runs smoothly! I also tried adding it again just to be sure and after 5-10 min gameplay, it crashes. So clearly, I think I've found the issue :-D

I only have 3-4 modded cars now. I think GTA crashes if you mod the game too much! So I'll just have to be happy with the mods I'm using now, it's better to decrease the modding and have a crash-free game, than to mood it so much it almost explodes :-P

Thanks for your help!!

Edited by Halbakken