OfficerK

ELS V7 Problem [Think this is where to post]

First of all, I apoligize if i posted in wrong section. This was the only one that made sense for my topic.

On the forum description it states its for support with the game and modifications.

Now my topic...

I recently installed ELS and got some pretty cool cars, But when i started up GTA IV It said it had stopped working. (Never did it before with ELS) So then when i removed ELS it worked. So i'm assuming i may have too many mods installed (My PC is low low low end) and that's why, but im not sure. I only have 2 mods installed so i don't know why that would be the problem (never was before). So my question is, Is there a way to fix this or Is there another version of ELS that's less big, I guess you'd say that. But i'd love to use my new awesome cars that have ELS, So please tell me if theres a fix or what i can do. (BTW I'm going to set my compatibility settings for GTA IV to Vista service pack 2 That worked before w/o (without) the mods, so im going to try it after i get a possible fix)

Thanks in advanced, If it helps my specs are below. (As i said... LOW LOW LOW LOW LOW End!)

Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Pentium® CPU B950 @2.10 GHz

RAM: 400

(So in the RAM's case its not that bad, But with graphics case...ITS VERY BAD)

You can barely run Microsoft Word on that. I wouldn't recommend running GTA IV at all, even without mods. The specs for GTA IV are these: 

Supported Operating Systems:

• Windows Vista (plus Service Pack 1)

• Windows XP (plus Service Pack 3, DirectX 9, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5)

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz
  • Memory: 1.5GB

• Free Hard Drive Space: 16GB

• Video Card: 256MB NVidia 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

• DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card

Recommended:

• Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
  • Memory: 2GB (Windows XP) 2.5GB (Windows Vista)

• Free Hard Drive Space: 18GB

• Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

• DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card

... plus you need enough memory to run Windows 7 + its applications. 

Erm... Thats where your wrong. Suprisingly GTA IV Runs actually quite well.

Only on low settings (Which i don't care about)

And i can run microsoft word like clockwork (Even though your being sarcastic)

And i know the specs but can't get a new comp so i decided to chance it and suprisingly it actually works fine.

So...Please reply with a fix :P

"So...Please reply with a fix :P" Um. I'll just open my document of awesome fixes :P 

Create a file called commandline.txt in your GTA IV root directory and enter the following lines: 

-renderquality 0 -shadowdensity 0 -texturequality 0 -viewdistance 0 -detailquality 0 -novblank -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100 -minspecaudio -novsync -renderquality 0 -frameLimit 0 -nomemrestrict

"So...Please reply with a fix :P" Um. I'll just open my document of awesome fixes :P 

Create a file called commandline.txt in your GTA IV root directory and enter the following lines: 

-renderquality 0 -shadowdensity 0 -texturequality 0 -viewdistance 0 -detailquality 0 -novblank -norestrictions -percentvidmem 100 -minspecaudio -novsync -renderquality 0 -frameLimit 0 -nomemrestrict

Oh my goodness! Thank you for the help it actually works now! Now i can have all those awesome cars!