Officermiggs11

Blender to make Models

MODERATOR NOTICE

Moving to Development Tutorials and Questions.

This gets asked quite a bit and generally, people say that it doesn't really work. I'll let a modeler give you an official answer.

Hey I have a question regarding models. Can I use Blender to make my own model and if I can How?

Hello robmiggs,

We 3D modelers mostly use 3ds max or Zmodeler for GTA 4. I guess Blender would work if you can export as either .obj or .3ds. Zmodeler can open those files, although I suggest exporting in .obj format, it makes things alot easier.

We use 3DS max to make the model, and we do the converting in Zmodeler.

Although some people make and convert stuff in Zmodeler.

So the answer to your question would be yes, as long as you can export the 3D model(s) as .obj or .3ds

I hope this answers your question!!!

I've actually used blender to create some models before, but that's only because I am proficient with blender and too lazy to learn 3ds max. Blender is definitely a good tool, but I'd recommend learning 3ds max if you are serious about modeling.

If you decide to create models with blender, it's relatively straightforward to import those objects into zmodeler. Zmodeler can import both .3ds and .obj files, but I've found that obj tends to keep the model as close to how it appeared in blender. I'd recommend just making the mesh in blender, then exporting it to zmodeler to add textures and materials.

Hello robmiggs,

We 3D modelers mostly use 3ds max or Zmodeler for GTA 4. I guess Blender would work if you can export as either .obj or .3ds. Zmodeler can open those files, although I suggest exporting in .obj format, it makes things alot easier.

We use 3DS max to make the model, and we do the converting in Zmodeler.

Although some people make and convert stuff in Zmodeler.

So the answer to your question would be yes, as long as you can export the 3D model(s) as .obj or .3ds

I hope this answers your question!!!

Yes this did help me. Thank you so Much for answering my question.