Sign in to follow this  
markm

Game Freezes on Loading Mission

Hey guys, I'm assuming my save game got corrupted somehow, So I removed all my save game data, well, now it freezes on the starting new game page. By freezes I mean it will sit on the loading screen as long as it let it stay there. 

Not sure what to do next but to reinstall. Any other advice would be great though.

Make sure that you actually did remove the saves, they are located here:

X:Users%username% AppDataLocalRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames

Also, make sure to run the game as administrator. 

I always run as admin. Yes, all the save game data was deleted. It goes to start a new game and just stays on the loading screen with, Starting new game, across the bottom.

Okay, I have a couple sets of backups that I know are good files, and when I put those in I get the same thing. So, I guess I'm going to reinstall. Anyone have an idea of what may have caused this?

Okay, I have a couple sets of backups that I know are good files, and when I put those in I get the same thing. So, I guess I'm going to reinstall. Anyone have an idea of what may have caused this?

It all began when Rockstar set out to create a PC version of their highly popular videogame GTA IV. What Rockstar did not think about was that they need to make a good port for PC. They did not. The port is terrible. It will cause issues from time to time. 

I just tried to reinstall and I got a setup error.

(-5011 : 0x8000ffff)

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor.

(##ISD_STRING_WEBADDRESS##)

Error Information:
>KernelObjectWrapper.cpp (498)
>KernelIScriptWrapper.cpp (101)
>KernelIScriptWrapper.cpp (80)
>KernelObjectWrapper.cpp (197)
>KernelIScriptWrapper.cpp (101)
>KernelIScriptWrapper.cpp (80)
>SetupNewsetup.cpp (488)
PAPP:Grand Theft Auto IV
PVENDOR:Rockstar Games (##ISD_STRING_WEBADDRESS##)
PGUID:579BA58C-F33D-4970-9953-B94B43768AC3
$15.0.0.498
@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) 
IE Version: 9.10.9200.16660

Any help is appreciated.

@Windows XP Service Pack 2 (2600) 

IE Version: 9.10.9200.16660

I have windows 7, not xp. I will try removing the files in the main directory.

I just assumed that you had XP since the log said XP. 

Anyway, report back here when it's done :)

Didn't reinstall, but I did remove all the outside files and it ran. Then I put all the files back in 1 by 1 and it ran twice, and now it's back to freezing on the loading screen.

Didn't reinstall, but I did remove all the outside files and it ran. Then I put all the files back in 1 by 1 and it ran twice, and now it's back to freezing on the loading screen.

And at which mod did it freeze at? 

It didn't, I had them all back in and it worked. It's one of the scripts though, I pulled a bunch of the ones I don't use very often and now I have no issues.

It didn't, I had them all back in and it worked. It's one of the scripts though, I pulled a bunch of the ones I don't use very often and now I have no issues.

Glad to hear it works partially. Sadlt that's the way GTA IV works, and I hope you can enjoy the game! :)