GTA 4 acts up after downloading LCPDFR

Of course I have seen many posts on the problems that has to do with GTA 4 and LCPDFR installation on windows 8, etc.

Yet I've seen threads that many people get cut off by the community team because of repeated topics.

Well here I am, and I'm going to make a repeated thread and topic (no offense to the community team) because I need information directly and not surfing through the forums for directions or information because for the last month I still have no solution and the more I keep -trying- to fix the errors, crashes, infinite loading screen, compatibility, etc. the I seem to just dig myself a bigger hole.

So for the community team please if you would do not close this topic and just say "Oh repeated topic, blah blah." because like I said, I've went through many of the forums topics on these problems and I either don't understand half the info or it doesn't work and ruins what I have already gained and sets me back.

So we'll see how long the topic stays up, I'll explain my situation.

I have a Lenovo C540 all-in-one computer.

I installed RGSC and GTA 4, made the commandline.txt for it so the infinite loading screen could stop and all that. I installed the latest GWFL and 3.5 network framing, pretty much everything needed from the LCPDFR checklist (which is later after installing GTA 4). The game work fine, a little slow on loading but worked fine, I figured that all out from using forums and such.

Afterwards I installed LCPDFR.

Soon as I installed the mod, the game would not even load up the startup logos or even the screen. I had a small black box screen (looked like a little box that read scripts out or something) pop up and then disappear and nothing happens afterwards. I tried downloading the title-update, looked on forums, browsed the web, etc. to fix this problem. Nothing worked so I uninstalled GTA 4 and RSGC completely and the mod as well.

I re-installed RSGC and GTA 4 and did the same as last time to get the game running except now I started to get the black screen loading screen, and then crash when I hit spacebar to skip the cinematic.

So, I went through some steps trying to figure out the problem here as well, nothing worked once again.

I un-installed everything again and attempted to re-install -again-, but now when GTA 4 setup tries to install the game, after the downloading bar reaches 100% it says it cannot find the "file path" or something similar to that and that it needs to have a new path to go to install or find the folder to install it or I don't know really, something about its not finding a path and leaves me to cancel the installation.

So now, I can not install GTA 4 at all on my computer because of this simple fact. Of course many people bought GTA 4 to play the mods that it produces, as in my case LCPDFR. I been trying for a whole month to install the game and the mod and get it working fine but yet all I've been is disappointed and now my hopes are very low.

I'm sure the community team is going to close this topic (no offense again, I've just seen it in a lot of forum topics where people just needed direct help cause they don't know the whole "computer language" whatever like me) but if anyone could help my out, I would really like to get the game going, working, and enjoy the money I spent towards it. Also, I bought this copy from amazon so obviously the product key does not work on GWFL and I do not have steam so I can not redeem the code simply cause I don't know a whole lot about steam, neither do I want to really download it unless necessary. 

Thanks,

Gate

(I'm not downing on the community team, I'm just saying I need direct help and not just a link to another topic that I've probably already looked at and spent 30 minutes of my life reading posts that got me no where.)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos for this great step-by-step walkthrough of the problem! :D

First off though, you are using a legal copy of the game right? Meaning that you bought it from steam, or retail? 

Make sure that GTA IV is installed correctly, by running it's installer as administrator. RGSC is not needed after applying the 1.0.7.0 patch (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/484496-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Patch-7-Title-Update-v-1-0-7-0-English-1-0-6-1-Russian-1-0-5-2-Japanese-). Install that, run it's installer as administrator. After that is done, try and boot up the game. If it works, great! On to installing LCPDFR. Download the latest version of LCPDFR (found here: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>). Run the LCPDFR automatic installer as administrator, make sure there are no errors. 

Report back here with the results. 

EDIT: Computer specs would help, I googled your computer name and from what I've seen it's not just built to handle the game. 

Edited by ineseri

Invenio, Investigatio, Imperium

I've already done most of what you said before I un-installed the game the first and second time.

Now since I've un-installed the game the second time (to start fresh and try again), at the end of my GTA 4 installation setup it tells me that the "setup requires a disc change" which makes no sense to me as I've already installed the game twice and now this. I have no idea how to fix this.

Running windows 8

Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz

Memory: 8GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT615 2GB

I don't know what else to put, but yes the game setup requires a disc change now, and probably after that I'll get something wrong with the loading screen, and then after that I'll probably have problems downloading LCPDFR. I'm not looking to play online, if there is a way to fix this with just playing offline (yes I know about the xliveless) then let it be. I would like to play online but if it can not be done then oh well.

I run all the apps as admin, changed capabilities, etc. I've done a lot of research on trying to make this work, I'm almost fed up and hope that the Alienware X51 computer will run GTA 4 and start fresh from there if this computer is now bent up from me modifying everything trying to get this game to work.

EDIT: Also yes I would believe this is a legit digital copy from amazon.com PC (Standard Edition) Download *something similar to that*.

Edited by Gatek3eper

Oh god don't get alienware! 

Anyway, if the setup is asking for a cd-change at the end of the installation, you need to insert CD1 again I believe. 

Also, have you disabled UAC (User Account Control)? 

I bought the copy of amazon.com as a PC Standard Edition Download so there is no CD for the installation.. all comes from a folder.

I can uninstall the (auto-run) or GTA 4 installation folder and re-download (which takes an impatiently amount of time), try again and hope for the best.

Or maybe there is another solution that I'm missing?

No, I see that I haven't disabled it so I'll go ahead and do that now.

Bring up the task manager with the three finger salute (ctrl, shift + esc). Go to the process tab and look for SecuRom launcher, LaunchGTAIV.exe and/or GTAIV.exe. Right click any of these processes and kill it. Then try reinstalling the game. 

Edited by ineseri

I don't know man, this is getting ridiculous on my part just to try to play a game. Sure going through some little modifications to make the game compatible is alright but pulling my hair out trying to get this game to work is almost not worth it. I went and bought a brand new computer that the service employees there told me this game should run on this computer and yet I've still haven't achieved my goal.  

Now I can not uninstall the folder because it says there is an app running or opened somewhere. And there are no processes running for GTA 4 or social club on the task manager so I think I'm about through trying to get this to work out. Its just crazy how some people can get it and some people can not but anyways thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Okay so I went and bought a BRAND NEW ALIENWARE LAPTOP, if this doesn't work, then I don't know what else does. It also has windows 8 and I just want to know the step by step guide to install gta 4 onto the laptop with windows 8. I really don't want to screw up this time and obviously I'm trying to make this work so a link or someone post a step by step guide would be most appreciated.

You'll install it just like you would on Windows 7. Consider reading through my guide ('?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>). 

I have a question though, why a laptop and why Alienware at all? You will get better performance out of a desktop and it will probably be a lot cheaper too. 

Edited by ineseri

Okay, so I have followed the instructions for the amazon section of the download. net 4, cc+, GFWL, title update, etc. ran as administer etc.

Now I am at the testing it out, I go to LaunchGTAIV.exe and run as admin, the small black loading box pops up for about 2 seconds and then disappears. Nothing happens afterwards, so what did I do wrong then?