Mozster

GTA IV has stopped working.

Good Afternoon,

Firstly, well done on a fantastic Mod - I bought GTA IV in the steam sale, so am a recent convert to LCPDFR

However, after running smoothly for the last few days, I am encountering a fatal error which causes GTA IV to "stop working". I have run the diagnostic tool, and the only issue i can see is:

2013-07-23 15:16:53 - Error during GetPhoneNumber (Phone checks will be disabled):

System.Exception: Accessing Globals failed! Invalid Memory Address!
                         at unmanaged.MemoryAccess.GetGlobalAddress(Int32 index)
                         at unmanaged.MemoryAccess.GetPhoneNumber()
                         at GTA.NetHook.CheckPhone()

The rest of the diagnostic looks fine, although I can submit that on request.

Any ideas?

Moz

I did some detective work on this problem, you should just be able to restart the game and the problem should go away. 

But, just to make sure; Follow this checklist:

• Make sure you aren't using a crack - We don't support cracks
  • Update GTA IV to 1.0.7.0 (the latest version of the game, or 1.1.2.0 for EFLC) - This sometimes fixes a wide variety of issues
  • Make sure that you run the game as an administrator.
  • Make sure that your GTA IV root folder (and every subdirectory) is not set to "read-only"
  • Ensure that FirstResponse.net.dll is in the SCRIPTS folder and that AdvancedHook.dll is in the GTA IV ROOT folder.
  • Ensure that ScriptHook.dll, ScriptHookDotNet.asi and Dsound.dll OR Xlive.dll are in the GTA IV ROOT folder
  • Ensure that there is a folder titled 'LCPDFR' in the SCRIPTS folder.
  • Check that all the above files exist, if they do not, reinstall LCPDFR with the automatic installation.
  • Ensure that you are using up to date versions of every LCPDFR dependency and LCPDFR itself.
  • Install these: http://www.microsoft...9f-b21f31ab88b7http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Whilst simply restarting the game did not fix the issue, removing all the mods and installing one by one appears to have fixed it. Thanks ineseri for your response.

Whilst simply restarting the game did not fix the issue, removing all the mods and installing one by one appears to have fixed it. Thanks ineseri for your response.

Good to hear it works! :)