Tylertj

Just LCPDFR 0.95 Installed, Crashes within a minute.

Hi everyone,

I have beat GTA IV and am now looking for more interesting things to do with the game. I found LCPDFR on YouTube and it looked like lots of fun. Now when I try to run GTA IV, either with or without turning on LCPDFR, the game crashes after about a minute. LCPDFR is the only mod I have installed. I tried it with the trainer installed also, as that is what the help video showed, but it didn't seem to have an effect. I have followed each step in the "Read this first" post. Initially I thought I got it when I noticed my folder was set to 'Read-Only', but that didn't fix it either.

It doesn't seem to matter if I am in the middle of performing an action that would require extra thought from the program or if I'm just standing doing nothing. The furthest I have made it is into the station and loading the character choice section when it crashes.

I have also tried allocating more memory space to the drive so that the program has more to work with, although I don't believe it makes a difference as before I changed it the settings said I was at 408/1024.

My diagnostics report is attatched.

It appears it can't find my phone? Why is it looking for my phone and how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance, this is just frustrating, as I'm sure everyone else already knows.

TylerLCPDFR Issue Report July12.txt

Oh also, I noticed the video said no support for .95, I am just really hoping that's changed since the video's release in 2011?

*UPDATE*

So I was rechecking everything on the "Read This First" page, and I noticed my GTA IV Root Folder was still Read-Only, even though I had changed it. So I changed it again, hit 'Apply', 'Apply to all folders and files', and hit 'Ok'. Then, when I checked the properties of the folder as soon as I did all that, it was still "Read-Only." So I'm not sure what's going on there, but it can't be helpful.

Also, I've made it past car selection, just playing with the lights when it crashed. So it's getting better, but I don't know why. My last try it crashed before I got in my car to get to the station.

Edited by Tylertj

It could just be a random crash, it happens alot. Are you running the game as an Administrator? Is it a legal copy of the game? 

I'm not so sure. There must be something causing it as it happens every time. And yes I am, and yes it is. As I said, I did everything on the "Read This First" page.

So I was rechecking everything on the "Read This First" page, and I noticed my GTA IV Root Folder was still Read-Only, even though I had changed it. So I changed it again, hit 'Apply', 'Apply to all folders and files', and hit 'Ok'. Then, when I checked the properties of the folder as soon as I did all that, it was still "Read-Only." So I'm not sure what's going on there, but it can't be helpful.

That is a common Windows thing, try moving your entire GTA IV Folder to your desktop, change the properties there and move it back. Hopefully that may fix it. 

I am trying to come up with a solution!

I shall try that and let you know how it goes. I appreciate it ineseri.

So I moved the folder to desktop and hit "Apply", and this time it took 9 mins to apply to all, instead of 30 seconds. So I felt good about it. I checked properties, it was no longer Read-Only. Yes! However, once I moved it back in to the folder, if went straight back to read-only. Do you think there is any way to prevent this? Or should I attempt it with the files on the desktop? Or maybe just a shortcut in the folder to the files on the desktop would work? I don't know.

Once again I greatly appreciate all the help I've received.

Edited by Tylertj