Sign in to follow this  
Rayane68

Installation Error

Hi, when i try install LCPDFR i have this error :

Installation component 'LCPDFirstResponse' error'd!
   à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
   à System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
   à System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)
   à System.IO.File.InternalReadAllText(String path, Encoding encoding)
   à System.IO.File.ReadAllText(String path)
   à G17MediaSetupEngine.Installation_Components.LCPDFRComponent.endComponent()
   à G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Sorry for my bad english i'm french :)

OK, I got this covered! :-) Been through this! :-)

STEP ONE: read this thread: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

HOWEVER, that is NOT guaranteed to work, SO what you do is MOVE the RockStar Games folder to your desktop (if you have more than one game installed, then just move GTA IV). 

RIGHT click the folder, untick the Read Only properties box, and click ok (or apply but ok is faster). then, move the folder back to the rockstar games folder. Run the installer as admin.

That should take care of your problem.

OK, I got this covered! :-) Been through this! :-)

STEP ONE: read this thread: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

HOWEVER, that is NOT guaranteed to work, SO what you do is MOVE the RockStar Games folder to your desktop (if you have more than one game installed, then just move GTA IV). 

RIGHT click the folder, untick the Read Only properties box, and click ok (or apply but ok is faster). then, move the folder back to the rockstar games folder. Run the installer as admin.

That should take care of your problem.

Thanks you very much, works but now when i start my game, i load my save and i press ALT+P but nothing ...

Thanks you very much, works but now when i start my game, i load my save and i press ALT+P but nothing ...

~scratches head~ I'd say lemme grab a beer and think about it but I'm all outta beer heh

Unfortunately, I dunno what to tell ya. Hopefully one of the experts will see this and be able to help!!

Glad you made it this far, but I'm sorry I'm not able to help further. I wish you luck man! 

ONCE you do get it running, lemme know! :-) Perhaps we can do some multiplayer sometime. (when I'm not too busy playing Texas State Trooper LOL) I'm SamForrester on the social club as well as on Live :-)

OH! and don't apologize for your "Bad English" as you put it. At least you're trying :)

Edited by SamForrester

Thank you for your help and kindness, I send you an invitation to game for windows live

As My Momma always said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

OR as I prefer it....

be kind. Karma's a bitch ;-)

LOL

got your invite. accepted :-) Just don't be surprised one day IF you see Walker Texas Ranger behind ya ;-) LOL