Sign in to follow this  
Smothy

Laptop repaired, everything deleted.

Hello folks,

Due to problems with my keyboard, my laptop has been repaired by Samsung but they did something which I didn't expected. They have did a complete restart of my laptop. They've deleted everything, including Grand Theft Auto.

Basically I need to install it again, but I'm quite sure they didn't uninstall it how it's supposed to be done, so I think the activation code is shown as used by Rockstar. Is it possible to install it again using the same activation code?

I haven't called with Rockstar yet. I can buy a new copy of GTA - that's really not the problem. Does anyone has expierence with this?

- I will use the same account as before on the Windows Marketplace, maybe the code is saved there?

Thanks in advance for the answers,

Mike.

On pretty much every PC game distributor you have an account. When you buy games it places them on that account, not the computer. So as long as your account for GFWL had GTA IV, you should be able to install it fine on what ever computer you log into that account with. For example, when you purchase a game on Steam, it puts it in your inventory, and saves the games CD key. This is so if you get a new computer, you can just log into that Steam account and re install the game, on that computer.

On pretty much every PC game distributor you have an account. When you buy games it places them on that account, not the computer. So as long as your account for GFWL had GTA IV, you should be able to install it fine on what ever computer you log into that account with. For example, when you purchase a game on Steam, it puts it in your inventory, and saves the games CD key. This is so if you get a new computer, you can just log into that Steam account and re install the game, on that computer.

Thank you for your answer, appericiate it!

I had the same problem Smothy, except I was dealing with a gaming tower from a company (not going to mention any names) but it was way below performance and malfunctioning, sent it back twice, it got wiped both times and I had no trouble re-installing GTA, but I purchased it from Amazon. So you should be good to go

Edited by OfficerDunn

I had the same problem Smothy, except I was dealing with a gaming tower from a company (not going to mention any names) but it was way below performance and malfunctioning, sent it back twice, it got wiped both times and I had no trouble re-installing GTA, but I purchased it from Amazon. So you should be good to go

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently installing the game.