Sign in to follow this  
Opulence

Skin/Livery Issues

I have downloaded a car livery that I like for multiple cars (it's a set) and they work on my CVPI(Police) but not on my Charger (Police2), Tahoe (PolPatriot) or Unmarked CVPI(FIB Buffalo) 

My Charger shows as -1 along with the other 2 cars

Why does it do this and how can it be fixed?

Also I downloaded cars but they have K9 on the window - How can that be removed? 

Lastly when I spawn my CVPI it shows the original skin when it spawns not my new one - why? 

For the -1 problem, you will need to go into your Trainer.ini located in your directory. Next you will have to go to VehicleLivery and change it from 1 to 0,

You can export the K9 window in OpenIV and bring it into Photoshop or a similar program and erase it and colour over it.

Did you fill out all 4 liveries? If not, you don't necessarily have to if you have the trainer.

For the -1 problem, you will need to go into your Trainer.ini located in your directory. Next you will have to go to VehicleLivery and change it from 1 to 0,

You can export the K9 window in OpenIV and bring it into Photoshop or a similar program and erase it and colour over it.

Did you fill out all 4 liveries? If not, you don't necessarily have to if you have the trainer.

I have gone into my trainer and set it to 0 but it still does this - I know you can put skins on the cars even the FIB because I've seen it done

So I export it and color over the K9 pictures with white if the background is white(example image below)? 

I didn't fill out all liveries but do I need to - I thought the livery would be primary if it's on "police_sign_1"

I have gone into my trainer and set it to 0 but it still does this - I know you can put skins on the cars even the FIB because I've seen it done

So I export it and color over the K9 pictures with white if the background is white(example image below)? 

I didn't fill out all liveries but do I need to - I thought the livery would be primary if it's on "police_sign_1"

No, you don't go into your trainer. You go into the trainer file.

What did FIB have to do with this?

Yes, but you need to find the one that has the text you want to delete.

It would not be primary. It wouldn't be a big deal if you could fix it with the trainer.

No, you don't go into your trainer. You go into the trainer file.

What did FIB have to do with this?

Yes, but you need to find the one that has the text you want to delete.

It would not be primary. It wouldn't be a big deal if you could fix it with the trainer.

I did go into my trainer file (what I meant) it was already set as VehicleLivery=0 

The FIB won't use the skins I put on in sparkIV same with the other 2 cars as mentioned earlier

I want it to be my primary I don't like the ones on it - I'm the kind of person that needs them all matching  

I did go into my trainer file (what I meant) it was already set as VehicleLivery=0 

The FIB won't use the skins I put on in sparkIV same with the other 2 cars as mentioned earlier

I want it to be my primary I don't like the ones on it - I'm the kind of person that needs them all matching  

1. You also have to go into the Vehicles.IDE in Common>Data and open it in notepad. Then find the car you want to put multiple liveries on and add +livery to the end of the line.

2. So then change them all.

1. You also have to go into the Vehicles.IDE in Common>Data and open it in notepad. Then find the car you want to put multiple liveries on and add +livery to the end of the line.

2. So then change them all.

I've done that but for the FIB file I don't have the "ext_requi+ext_strong"  in that space it's " - "

Also when I edit the windows in paint I and take off the words and put it back into SparkIV I don't have the checks behind it plus when I'm in game it shows them as opaque windows.

I've done that but for the FIB file I don't have the "ext_requi+ext_strong"  in that space it's " - "

Also when I edit the windows in paint I and take off the words and put it back into SparkIV I don't have the checks behind it plus when I'm in game it shows them as opaque windows.

1.Still put the +livery.

2. You could have just deleted them if they were transparent. You need a different program than paint. Try Paint.NET. Way better.

1.Still put the +livery.

2. You could have just deleted them if they were transparent. You need a different program than paint. Try Paint.NET. Way better.

Thanks for help with the liveries - I can change them now I think I'll need to re put some of them since they don't seem to be showing up 

What do you mean delete them? I'm not sure if you are very familiar with SparkIV but you have the white and light grey checkers behind some textures - 2 files below the skins with words and without I want them without but I want them to be transparent not opaque.  

Once I edit them and re put the checkers are gone from behind but if I leave it with the words they come back if I want to re upload them to Spark - any idea how to make them transparent 

Thanks for help with the liveries - I can change them now I think I'll need to re put some of them since they don't seem to be showing up 

What do you mean delete them? I'm not sure if you are very familiar with SparkIV but you have the white and light grey checkers behind some textures - 2 files below the skins with words and without I want them without but I want them to be transparent not opaque.  

Once I edit them and re put the checkers are gone from behind but if I leave it with the words they come back if I want to re upload them to Spark - any idea how to make them transparent 

When you delete them, it will make them transparent (Grey and white checkers). Just select them and delete them.

When you delete them, it will make them transparent (Grey and white checkers). Just select them and delete them.

Delete them how and where? 

Edited by Opulence

Delete them how and where? 

In a Photo editing program like Paint.NET. You just select them and press the delete key.

In a Photo editing program like Paint.NET. You just select them and press the delete key.

My apologies I don't understand what you mean can you elaborate more? 

My apologies I don't understand what you mean can you elaborate more? 

You cannot do this in MS Paint. You will need a better program. A program that uses layers.

http://www.getpaint.net/

Once you have it, import the file, and use the selection tool to select around the part you want deleted. Once you do that, press the delete key.

Save it, and import it back into Spark.

Forget my last comment I got it just one problem - For the top light grey window I cant get the semi circle of words to go and fill the space where the words are without filling the whole screen. You said you'e been using this for a while do you know what I'm possibly doing wrong? 

Forget my last comment I got it just one problem - For the top light grey window I cant get the semi circle of words to go and fill the space where the words are without filling the whole screen. You said you'e been using this for a while do you know what I'm possibly doing wrong? 

You don't fill. You just delete,

No, you will have a transparent window ingame. Weren't you taking about checkers earlier? You will have to delete to get checkers.

If not, use the Colour picker tool to take the colour from the rest of the file and fill with that colour.

No, you will have a transparent window ingame. Weren't you taking about checkers earlier? You will have to delete to get checkers.

If not, use the Colour picker tool to take the colour from the rest of the file and fill with that colour.

Sorry for confusing you I meant transparent as you can see through the glass kind of thing - I just wanted words off and the window kept not a windowless car - how would I fill the glass without it filling the whole screen like it's doing to me now

Sorry for confusing you I meant transparent as you can see through the glass kind of thing - I just wanted words off and the window kept not a windowless car - how would I fill the glass without it filling the whole screen like it's doing to me now

Did you create a new layer?

Umm I'm not sure how would I do that?

Good. You don't have to. So just select the part the don't want with the Rectangle Selection Tool, Press the Delete key, then keeping that same selection, fill it with the background colour.

I'm all good now but I have a quick question, can I make custom skins on paint.net? 

Yes.

Yes.

Ok, how would I do that? Make a new layer (transparency 50%) then I draw on using the tools and I fill the colors?