Sign in to follow this  
DySands

Low Ram

Okay, so i bought this laptop almost 4 months ago, i bought it so i could play GTA IV, i benchmarked the whole laptop and everything seemed fine.

When i installed gta IV started it up it all worked but i just had around the 26 fps, and that isn´t enough to enjoy the game.

This is my system:

Processor: AMD A8-4500 1.90 GHz

Ram: 4,00 GB and 3,48 available

System: Windows 7 64 Bit

Graphicscard: AMD Radeon HD 7640G + 7670M Dual Graphics

But i came to the conclusion that because i have 2 Graphicscards in here 1 of them uses 0.52 ram  and that GTA IV is coming that short and makes the game lagg (I Think).

So is there a way i can still have it run with the 2 graphicscards but that gta IV uses less Ram, so it doesn't lagg.

Kind Regards,

Snippro12

i think it would be a combined issue of your processor and ram or are you running anything major in the background?

26 ant bad if its steady u wont notice a diff in that or say 30 fps anyway for a laptop sound good. mine runs max settings at 28 ish if i run shadows its bad otherwise its good

i got amd a6 2.70 i think dual core and win 7 4gb ram AMD Radeon HD 7520G 512 card

edit and many mods with 600 mb car file

Edited by KUBEANIE

well that is the thing atm, that was before, i just reinstalled my game, everyting on low, night shadows off, my resolution of my laptop screen is 1366 X 768, and i run that on 50 MHz,

Then i get arount the 17 in the city and 20 on the beach or airport...

with the LA Emergency pack, and LCPD:FR.