Sign in to follow this  
cavdrkz24

Odd Request

Hey all, I know this is just a general chat for GTA4, but ive been looking around and I cannot seem to find anything even remotely close to this. Ive been using the snow_mod on LCPDFR and it made me wonder, has anyone ever tried to make like a city manager mod? or an LCDOT mod where you can be responsible for like hauling trash or plowing the streets? Just a shot in the dark, not really expecting much out of this. Thanks for any help or advise you guys can offer!

Never heard of a mod like that but I did once talk to car mod maker who was planning on making a snow plow for GTA IV (:D) but I would love to have a script mod like that which allows you to haul trash and all :P

Never heard of a mod like that but I did once talk to car mod maker who was planning on making a snow plow for GTA IV (:D) but I would love to have a script mod like that which allows you to haul trash and all :P

I'm planning to do a snow plow, although my last try with zmodeler didn't turn very well... Anyway, my idea is to take this 1986 Silverado:  which is unlocked, and add a plow blade, a light and maybe some shit in the back such as traffic cones, working helmet, and so:) Anyway for that I'd need a plow blade

@1cavdrkz24: I guess you could use Abraxas' tomowing script, and do it manually:

Edited by strike

I'm planning to do a snow plow, although my last try with zmodeler didn't turn very well... Anyway, my idea is to take this 1986 Silverado:  which is unlocked, and add a plow blade, a light and maybe some shit in the back such as traffic cones, working helmet, and so:) Anyway for that I'd need a plow blade

@1cavdrkz24: I guess you could use Abraxas' tomowing script, and do it manually:

Damn, thats an amazing idea! Do you have a plan when it could be finished? :P

Damn, thats an amazing idea! Do you have a plan when it could be finished? :P

Nah, first I'd have to make it work, I've been watching some tutorials about adding parts to models, so I hope I can do it right, also I'd like to make a template for it and, I guess it would take some time for a newbie like me haha

Nah, first I'd have to make it work, I've been watching some tutorials about adding parts to models, so I hope I can do it right, also I'd like to make a template for it and, I guess it would take some time for a newbie like me haha

Haha lol :D But alright, but its a damn sweet idea tho!

If i remember correctly someone on GPM is pretty far along with a dump truck snow plow..not sure exactly who it is though, ill get back to you on that.

Edit: found it.

http://gtapolicemods.com/showthread.php?9314-WIP-Biff-Snowplow&highlight=Snow#top

But with the trash thing, someone whos good at scripting im sure could do something like that very easily. Im just not one of those people lol.

Edited by AntEyeVirus

If i remember correctly someone on GPM is pretty far along with a dump truck snow plow..not sure exactly who it is though, ill get back to you on that.

Edit: found it.

http://gtapolicemods.com/showthread.php?9314-WIP-Biff-Snowplow&highlight=Snow#top

But with the trash thing, someone whos good at scripting im sure could do something like that very easily. Im just not one of those people lol.

Damn O.O Thats just amazing! 

I think i was reading the same thread, it seems like people were actively working on the truck itself back in 2010 and 2011, but have not seen any release for that yet. Anyway, i'm not even sure what would need to happen in terms of actually being able to move the snow on the ground, as in creating snow berms and things like that since i have absolutely 0 experience writing script. Was just throwing an idea out there for that, I would pay to have a mod like that created, I think it would add a different angle to life in Liberty City and one that could keep people busy for a while. You could also add like a mini economy for it, like after 5 hours of plowing, or completing certain routes (like main streets or certain neighborhoods) players would recieve cash for the job they did. Again just throwing ideas out there :D

Edit:

I looked through that thread and it seems like the truck itself is coming along quite nicely, would be interesting to see any script that would accompany it :D

Edited by cavdrkz24