Sign in to follow this  
ConstableSly

Stretched Out Screen Problem

Hello everyone,

I went to play GTA IV today, and usually I run it in 800x600. (I have to run it as this due to my computer just barely being able to run IV.) As I started the game, it loaded up in 1600x900, all stretched out and low-quality. I originally couldn't change it, but I eventually used a command line to get it to run as my standard screen size, 1366x768, but I do not like this. Is there any way I can get it back to my windowed mode?

Thanks,

ConstableSly

I suggest making a file on Notepad and type in it -windowed then saveas commandline.txt and drag it to the gtaiv directory.

I suggest making a file on Notepad and type in it -windowed then saveas commandline.txt and drag it to the gtaiv directory.

Ah, that did window it, but not the window I meant, sorry, I guess I was too unspecific. In my 800x600, the game usually runs as a little window/box in the middle of my screen with a huge black border around it. That's what I'm trying to get back, but for some reason it always stretches to 1600x900.

Try pressing Shift+Enter when the game has loaded.

When pressed in San Andreas, it puts the game into a windowed mode. It might be the same for IV.

Try pressing Shift+Enter when the game has loaded.

When pressed in San Andreas, it puts the game into a windowed mode. It might be the same for IV.

Didn't work sadly. This is pretty much what's happening to me: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=482321. I've tried everything it says to do in that thread, but I don't have Nvidia scaling options or whatever, I have an ATI something, all the stickers came off my laptop, and I don't know that much about computers, so that's all I know, sorry.  :confused: