Myer Flyer

Making Toggling Objects in Vehicles

I'm trying to make it so that I can toggle my campaign hat on and off in the vehicle. How would I do about doing this?

Screenshot (754).png

4 hours ago, Myer Flyer said:

I'm trying to make it so that I can toggle my campaign hat on and off in the vehicle. How would I do about doing this?

Screenshot (754).png

You'd have to make it an extra.  I don't believe there is another way of doing it.

On 10/2/2018 at 11:38 PM, Giordano said:

You'd have to make it an extra.  I don't believe there is another way of doing it.

Do I need to make it a dummy or just rename it?

10 minutes ago, Myer Flyer said:

Unfortunately, I don't know.  I don't make vehicles.  I just know that extras are used for toggling things off/on.

6 hours ago, Myer Flyer said:

Rename the hat to an extra, and make sure it isn't being used by els on the xml.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:16 AM, Insus100 said:

Rename the hat to an extra, and make sure it isn't being used by els on the xml.

What extra should I name it as? and how would I toggle it with simple trainer?

extras from 1 to 12, does not matter, just make sure that you are not using that in an els emissive, and edit the ELS xml, so that extra is not being used by els.

You need to go to Vehicle Options > Vehicle Mod Menu > and find > Vehicle Components, and then hit 4 and 6 till you see it.

Make sure the hat is over the glass in the hirearchy so it can be seen from outside.

8 minutes ago, Insus100 said:

extras from 1 to 12, does not matter, just make sure that you are not using that in an els emissive, and edit the ELS xml, so that extra is not being used by els.

You need to go to Vehicle Options > Vehicle Mod Menu > and find > Vehicle Components, and then hit 4 and 6 till you see it.

Make sure the hat is over the glass in the hirearchy so it can be seen from outside.

So could I use extra_5?

1 minute ago, Insus100 said:

yeah

yeah

Would I have to convert it to a compound?

Posted (edited)

Create a dummy called extra_5 and move it to the hat's position, then make 2 or 3 copies of the hat, put all those into the dummy you created. Then compound them into L0 L1 L2... depending on hoe much distance do you want the hat to be loaded into the car.

Edited by Insus100

2 minutes ago, Insus100 said:

Create a dummy called extra_5 and move it to the hat's position, then make 2 or 3 copies of the hat, put all those into the dummy you created. Then compound them into L0 L1 L2... depending on hoe much distance do you want the hat to be loaded into the car.

Ok, so now would I change 

<Extra06 IsElsControlled="true" AllowEnvLight="true" Color="red" OffsetX="0.70" OffsetY="-0.20" OffsetZ="0.50" />

to false in the ELS xml or how else would I make sure it is not used as an ELS emissive?

yeah, change it to false and it won't be used by els.

So now I just drop it under dials in my hierarchy and export right?

26 minutes ago, Insus100 said:

yeah

I must of done something wrong because it flashed with the lights

Never mind I changed the extra_6 to false instead extra_5. It works thank you.