Noahthepigman

ELS NOT WORKING NEED HELP SOON

hey guys iv installed els so many times and reinstalled the game rage lspd first response. the els cars come up fine but when i activate the lights the tail lights come up only with the siren i cant get the control panel to come up either but i press j three times and only the tail lights come up and when i press e the same thing happens... What do i do?????????

Hi, I'm going to copy and paste what I posted on the comments section on ELS. I had a similar issue to you and this fixed it.

For those of you having issues with ELS lights not working or the panel not showing, make sure you have put any .xml files inside of the of the pack_default folder, found inside the ELS folder in your GTA V root directory.

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Check the files that came with the ELS cars you have downloaded, and look for the .xml files. They should be called police.xml, police1.xml and so on. Keep these handy because we'll be using them soon.

2. Install ELS following the basic installation instructions, found at the top of this page.

3. Open your GTA V root directory. 

4. Look for a folder called ELS. Open it.

5. Open the folder named pack_default. Think of these packs as presets for the ELS cars.

6. Drag the .xml files you found in step 1 into the pack_default folder. Replace files if prompted.

7. Load your game!

I hope that's fixed some of (if not all) the problems that people were having 🙂 

1 hour ago, Zenitae said:

Hi, I'm going to copy and paste what I posted on the comments section on ELS. I had a similar issue to you and this fixed it.

For those of you having issues with ELS lights not working or the panel not showing, make sure you have put any .xml files inside of the of the pack_default folder, found inside the ELS folder in your GTA V root directory.

You can do this by following these steps:

1. Check the files that came with the ELS cars you have downloaded, and look for the .xml files. They should be called police.xml, police1.xml and so on. Keep these handy because we'll be using them soon.

2. Install ELS following the basic installation instructions, found at the top of this page.

3. Open your GTA V root directory. 

4. Look for a folder called ELS. Open it.

5. Open the folder named pack_default. Think of these packs as presets for the ELS cars.

6. Drag the .xml files you found in step 1 into the pack_default folder. Replace files if prompted.

7. Load your game!

I hope that's fixed some of (if not all) the problems that people were having 🙂 

yes i do that but when i grag the ini and xml files into it comes up as ELS and thats it. but i do have the folder with all the stuff thats in it

Just to clarify and double check everything:

In your GTA V root directory you should have the ELS.asi, the ELS.ini, possibly a ELS.log file and a folder named "ELS".

In the folder named "ELS", you should have another folder named "pack_default" and a text file called "@ INFO.txt".

Inside of the "pack_default" folder, you should have another folder called "@ UNUSED", a text file called "@ INFO.txt" and then finally all of your .xml files.

You should have nothing else inside of the folders mentioned. The .ini must stay inside your GTA V root folder.

Make sure the .xml files have the same name as the ELS car models found in your game. I've personally replaced the core-game cars with new models, so mine are in a mods folder and called police.ytd and so on.

Once you're confident all of those are correct, check the ELS.ini file to make sure the option called "VcfContainerFolder" is pack_default.

Let me know if that works, good luck 🙂

Edited by Zenitae
Reworded

On 9/2/2018 at 9:27 AM, Zenitae said:

Just to clarify and double check everything:

In your GTA V root directory you should have the ELS.asi, the ELS.ini, possibly a ELS.log file and a folder named "ELS".

In the folder named "ELS", you should have another folder named "pack_default" and a text file called "@ INFO.txt".

Inside of the "pack_default" folder, you should have another folder called "@ UNUSED", a text file called "@ INFO.txt" and then finally all of your .xml files.

You should have nothing else inside of the folders mentioned. The .ini must stay inside your GTA V root folder.

Make sure the .xml files have the same name as the ELS car models found in your game. I've personally replaced the core-game cars with new models, so mine are in a mods folder and called police.ytd and so on.

Once you're confident all of those are correct, check the ELS.ini file to make sure the option called "VcfContainerFolder" is pack_default.

Let me know if that works, good luck 🙂

i dont know what the hell is wrong it wont work

4 hours ago, Noahthepigman said:

i dont know what the hell is wrong it wont work

Hmm, there's not much else I can suggest, sorry 😞 

Hopefully you can come across a solution at some point. I'm sorry I couldn't help fix the issue.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.