lawenforcementjoker

Game crashing at launch

I just installed make visuals great again using the automatic install. And my game crashes on startup. However, this happens to me quite frequently where I need to launch again or restart my computer and it works. 

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

11 hours ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

I just installed make visuals great again using the automatic install. And my game crashes on startup. However, this happens to me quite frequently where I need to launch again or restart my computer and it works. 

Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix?

To verify what the issue is, rename your mods folder to _mods

Then try starting and loading into the game.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Giordano said:

To verify what the issue is, rename your mods folder to _mods

Then try starting and loading into the game.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

I just tried this and I am still getting the same issue. I will launch RPH. It will give me the GTA V loading screen and as soon as it is populating game world it crashes to desktop.

Also I verified my files through steam and now it crashes as soon as it gets to “loading story mode” even when I run it as admin. 

Edited by lawenforcementjoker

Also I just realized when I switched from visual v to make visuals great again I did not remove radiance or visual. I just simply installed make visuals great again through the auto install. 

3 hours ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

I just tried this and I am still getting the same issue. I will launch RPH. It will give me the GTA V loading screen and as soon as it is populating game world it crashes to desktop.

Did you install MVGA into the mods folder, or vanilla update folder?

6 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Did you install MVGA into the mods folder, or vanilla update folder?

Into my mods folder. Same place I installed visual v. I don’t install anything in vanilla. 

28 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Into my mods folder. Same place I installed visual v. I don’t install anything in vanilla. 

The troubling thing to me is that even with your mods folder disabled, you're still having issues.  This implies the problem is either with your scripts folder, your .asi plugins, or another plugin in the main directory.

Are you able to load into the game via GTA5.exe?

20 hours ago, Giordano said:

The troubling thing to me is that even with your mods folder disabled, you're still having issues.  This implies the problem is either with your scripts folder, your .asi plugins, or another plugin in the main directory.

Are you able to load into the game via GTA5.exe?

Giordano, today I redid the step of renaming my mods folder... This time I renamed it _mods in OpenIV and the game launched just fine using RPH. Which would leave me to believe somewhere in my mods folder is the problem... Do you have any tips for this or should I completely delete the mods folder and start with one mod at a time?

3 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Giordano, today I redid the step of renaming my mods folder... This time I renamed it _mods in OpenIV and the game launched just fine using RPH. Which would leave me to believe somewhere in my mods folder is the problem... Do you have any tips for this or should I completely delete the mods folder and start with one mod at a time?

Since you said the last thing you installed was MVGA, unfortunately yes.  That might be the best route to take.

45 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Since you said the last thing you installed was MVGA, unfortunately yes.  That might be the best route to take.

Okay, thank you. this might sound dumb but I have never had to do this so my question is how do I actually go about deleting the mods folder and making a new one?

12 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Okay, thank you. this might sound dumb but I have never had to do this so my question is how do I actually go about deleting the mods folder and making a new one?

Right click the folder-->delete.  Now you just rebuild it the same way you did the first time.

22 hours ago, Giordano said:

Right click the folder-->delete.  Now you just rebuild it the same way you did the first time.

So now I have done that and made the new mods folder updated it, and placed visual v which has always worked and all I get with RPH is a black screen and then it crashes... I tried doing it without visual v and I still get the black screen and then the crash.

12 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

So now I have done that and made the new mods folder updated it, and placed visual v which has always worked and all I get with RPH is a black screen and then it crashes... I tried doing it without visual v and I still get the black screen and then the crash.

What if you launch the game via GTA 5.exe?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Giordano said:

What if you launch the game via GTA 5.exe?

Well before I could try I shut my computer down and when I came back I tried via RPH and it launched just fine via RPH with only visual v and radiance v installed... Now I have to add my mods back in one by one and test what the issue was.

I also noticed when I was trying to install a new gun that I do not have the folder mpgunrunning. I verified the files from steam and still don't gave it...

Edited by lawenforcementjoker

1 hour ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Well before I could try I shut my computer down and when I came back I tried via RPH and it launched just fine via RPH with only visual v and radiance v installed... Now I have to add my mods back in one by one and test what the issue was.

I also noticed when I was trying to install a new gun that I do not have the folder mpgunrunning. I verified the files from steam and still don't gave it...

That's how modding is.  It won't work until you do a reboot, which is stupid.  You don't need to use mpgunrunning (I don't think), throw the replacement gun files in the latest patchday that has a weapons.rpf.

31 minutes ago, Giordano said:

That's how modding is.  It won't work until you do a reboot, which is stupid.  You don't need to use mpgunrunning (I don't think), throw the replacement gun files in the latest patchday that has a weapons.rpf.

Gotcha. I didn’t know the reboot thing. But yes everything is working so far so good now. 

Now to the fun part of finding a good car pack to use. 

Thank you for the help. 

5 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Gotcha. I didn’t know the reboot thing. But yes everything is working so far so good now. 

Now to the fun part of finding a good car pack to use. 

Thank you for the help. 

What agency you looking for, BCSO or LSPD?

You're welcome.

11 minutes ago, Giordano said:

What agency you looking for, BCSO or LSPD?

You're welcome.

Honestly whatever you recommend. I am using the lspd based off of Boston for a while and just need a change. 

58 minutes ago, lawenforcementjoker said:

Honestly whatever you recommend. I am using the lspd based off of Boston for a while and just need a change. 

This has become my favorite LSPD pack, not sure if you like rotors -

I'm currently beta testing a BCSO pack for Maurice97, which has become my favorite Sheriff fleet.  In the meantime, I really like this pack -