RayC333018

RDE Not Working

I have installed community script hook, script hook v, openiv.asi, the new gameconfig and RDE is still not working in my game. It crashes after "Loading and Populating Game World". On a clean mods folder. Crash log: https://pastebin.com/qT72UVq3

Please help! Thanks :D

The gameconfig for RDE and the current version of the game are very different. We will have to wait for an update. 

Just now, Benjavaz said:

The gameconfig for RDE and the current version of the game are very different. We will have to wait for an update. 

Damn. Thanks anyways.

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.

I originally posted the below on 5Mods and I'll post it here to.

I can get RDE to work on b1365, but I have a problem with crashing after 45-90 minutes of play (usually closer to the 45 minutes). It appears the error is a stack overflow in the SSR script (error code 0xc00000fd). I get the same issue in builds 1180, 1290 and 1365 so not sure what's going on there.

For anybody that wants to try to get it working, I've listed the steps below. Note that I have only done this on a clean mods folder, as recommended in the RDE installation instructions and haven't tried it with anything else installed in the mods folder (EDIT: I'm now running this with VisualV installed as well).

STEPS FOR RDE ON GTA V b1365
--------------------------------------------------------
1. Create a copy of the original b1365 'update/update.rpf/common/data/extratitleupdate.meta' on your desktop.
2. Install RDE as usual.
3. Open OPENIV.
4. Copy the file from step 1 above to 'MODS/'update/update.rpf/common/data', overwriting the one RDE installed.
5. Go to 'MODS/'update/update.rpf/x64/rde' and copy weaponturrettank.meta to your desktop.
6. DELETE weaponturrettank.meta from 'MODS/'update/update.rpf/x64/rde' in OPENIV.
7. IMPORTANT: PAY ATTENTION TO THE LETTER CASE IN THE NEXT STEP. THIS IS WHAT CAUSES THE CRASH ON LOADING.
8. On your desktop, rename 'weaponturrettank.meta' to 'weaponTurretTank.meta'
9. Copy 'weaponTurretTank.meta' to 'MODS/'update/update.rpf/x64/rde'.
10. That's it, nothing else. Start GTA. It should now load fine.

If you already have RDE installed, you can also do as listed above, just skip step 2 . I actually install RDE first myself, I just listed it the way I did above for clarity.

I'm still working on tracking down the cause of my crash after about an hour of play, and will update if/when I make any progress on that issue.

UPDATE

GTA Build 1365

So far today, I've managed a 2 hour session, a 4 hour session, and a 3 hour session (3 hours play, game was actually paused an additional 4 hours while I watched the hockey game 😁).  All play sessions have been playing as Franklin with the SSR script enabled.  I'm not confident enough quite yet to post what I've changed additionally to get it working this well as I would like to test it more, but I'll update here if things work out and it wasn't just a fluke day.