Sign in to follow this  
crokie10

black screen

i have no errors in the diagnostic tool but when i get to people with and without any mods as soon as i start shootin the screen goes black my hud is still there.

i have the intel duo core 2.20ghz

nvidia 7900 256mb with command line bout 490mb

2gb ram

runs as adim and i set it to compatability mode for windows vista sp2. maybe needs more upgrades if so ill just put up with it until the funds are there lol

thanks in advance

Edited by crokie10

Your system is too weak. You should optimally have a 1GB+ graphics card. A 256MB will not cut it. Your system is most likely completely out of video memory. Your CPU is also a little on the weak side, as far as GTA is concerned, but your main problem is your GPU.

Since it does look like you need upgrades, my only recommendation to you is, don't get part's 2nd hand, if you buy it brand new, your getting exactly what your paying for and the only problems you may encounter are factory issues, not someone elses problems!

yeah your rite there mate the graphics cards is 2nd hand on ebay £25 or summit just a quick fix same as the chip bout £20. i kept my eye on the sellers feedback and they had 96% and up. i will be buying new as in time i wanna build my own with pcworld if they had the bundle in stock i could build one for £300.