Jump to content
Reyesinc

Crash caused by mpchristmas2 dlc

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody,

I solved where my crash came from.I just solved where my crash came form, but I don't understand why it's causing a crash after I updated the game (before I updated my game to .617 it worked fine.  It came from my mpchristmas2 dlc. I think this is caused by my police vehicles I have added to that folder. But I don't understand why this caused a crash, because it worked fine before I updated the game. There shouldn't have been any changes to that folder, because the new updates have their own dlcpacks.Does anyone know how this could happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Even though I put this in the previous thread I'll just put it here anyway.)

Have any .meta entries you had in your update.rpf been overwritten, as the game wipes it for almost every update (All though add on vehicles typically don't touch the update.rpf anyway)?

What's more likely is that you've hit GTA V's vehicle cap, which you can edit in your update.rpf's gameconfig.xml.

Editing your max vehicle amount in the gameconfig.xml:

Navigate to update.rpf\common\data\ - Open the gmaeconfig.xml in Notepad/Notepad++ or similar.

Change:

<PoolName>Vehicles</PoolName>
 <PoolSize value="300"/>

To:

<PoolName>Vehicles</PoolName>
 <PoolSize value="450"/>

And change:

<MaxVehicleModelInfos value="310"/>                   
<MaxExtraVehicleModelInfos value="100"/>

To:

<MaxVehicleModelInfos value="450"/>                   
<MaxExtraVehicleModelInfos value="200"/>

Then put the gameconfig.xml back into your update.rpf.

Edited by MoreTextures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MoreTextures said:

(Even though I put this in the previous thread I'll just put it here anyway.)

Have any .meta entries you had in your update.rpf been overwritten, as the game wipes it for almost every update (All though add on vehicles typically don't touch the update.rpf anyway)?

What's more likely is that you've hit GTA V's vehicle cap, which you can edit in your update.rpf's gameconfig.xml.

Editing your max vehicle amount in the gameconfig.xml:

Navigate to update.rpf\common\data\ - Open the gmaeconfig.xml in Notepad/Notepad++ or similar.

Change:


<PoolName>Vehicles</PoolName>
 <PoolSize value="300"/>

To:


<PoolName>Vehicles</PoolName>
 <PoolSize value="450"/>

And change:


<MaxVehicleModelInfos value="310"/>                   
<MaxExtraVehicleModelInfos value="100"/>

To:


<MaxVehicleModelInfos value="450"/>                   
<MaxExtraVehicleModelInfos value="200"/>

Then put the gameconfig.xml back into your update.rpf.

With maximum amount of vehicles they mean all tje vehicles or my added vehicles.

 

My game crashes just before loading the plugins (so the plugins aren't loaded yet). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reyesinc said:

With maximum amount of vehicles they mean all tje vehicles or my added vehicles.

The max vehicles includes everything in the game, not just vehicles you've personally added. 

3 hours ago, Reyesinc said:

My game crashes just before loading the plugins (so the plugins aren't loaded yet). 

 

If it's crashing before RAGE attempts a plugin load (e.g. on "Loading and Populating Game World"), and it's just your vehicles causing this, it's extremely likely to be either a .meta error or you're hitting the vehicle cap, the latter being much more likely in this scenario, as a few vehicles were added in v617 which could've put you over said limit.

I'd recommend backing up your gameconfig.xml and editing it with the values I previously posted as the vehicle cap would likely be the reason for this crash.

Edited by MoreTextures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MoreTextures said:

The max vehicles includes everything in the game, not just vehicles you've personally added. 

If it's crashing before RAGE attempts a plugin load (e.g. on "Loading and Populating Game World"), and it's just your vehicles causing this, it's extremely likely to be either a .meta error or you're hitting the vehicle cap, the latter being much more likely in this scenario, as a few vehicles were added in v617 which could've put you over said limit.

I'd recommend backing up your gameconfig.xml and editing it with the values I previously posted as the vehicle cap would likely be the reason for this crash.

I will try your fix over a few hours. It's very likely I hit the vehicle limit, because a jave a few miltary vehicles added, some civilian cars, a lot of police cars. And I have RDE and BCSO. Mayba I was just bllelow the vehicle limit, but after the update, 4 cars were added (installed both updates in one time). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×