Sign in to follow this  
CodeMerk

Someone Whos Looking to be Pointed in the Right Direction

Hello there LSPDFR Forums,

This is the first mod I've been trying to install for GTA V, and a few questions have popped up during the process that I hope some kind person/s may beable to help me out with.

So first things first, I am using LSPDFR V0.2b. I have installed the latest version of RAGE, and have followed the instructions on where and how to drop all of the files fome this mod into the GTA V main folder. Everything runs 'well' and starts up, I can start up the missions, and do the normal things like pull people over during a chase.

My main consern is the feeling that half the mod is missing somehow however. An example would be the use of the Police raido. I either don't know how to access it correctly (alway possible) or if I bring up what I think is the menu, (pressing B right?) it never shows up as a walkie talkie  as it does for the videos I've seen, and I never have the option to bring in a tow truck, medic, or corner. (Been having to dial 911 each time) 

I have no clue how to call in helecopters, and many other things that I have seen other able to do as well.

Is there a way to equip armor? I'm always dieing when going up aganst the van full of people with guns too.

I will continue to search for answers to these questions, but I thank anyone willing to help me out in advance!

17 minutes ago, CodeMerk said:

Hello there LSPDFR Forums,

This is the first mod I've been trying to install for GTA V, and a few questions have popped up during the process that I hope some kind person/s may beable to help me out with.

So first things first, I am using LSPDFR V0.2b. I have installed the latest version of RAGE, and have followed the instructions on where and how to drop all of the files fome this mod into the GTA V main folder. Everything runs 'well' and starts up, I can start up the missions, and do the normal things like pull people over during a chase.

My main consern is the feeling that half the mod is missing somehow however. An example would be the use of the Police raido. I either don't know how to access it correctly (alway possible) or if I bring up what I think is the menu, (pressing B right?) it never shows up as a walkie talkie  as it does for the videos I've seen, and I never have the option to bring in a tow truck, medic, or corner. (Been having to dial 911 each time) 

I have no clue how to call in helecopters, and many other things that I have seen other able to do as well.

Is there a way to equip armor? I'm always dieing when going up aganst the van full of people with guns too.

I will continue to search for answers to these questions, but I thank anyone willing to help me out in advance!

Police Radio is an addon LSPDFR plugin, download from here: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/9302-police-radio-plate-checker-coroner-tow-truck-tackle-suspect-request-pit-barriers-request-additional-traffic-unit-request-k9/

Make sure you read the readme prior to installing.

You can only call air support via the "B" backup menu while in a pursuit or there's an auto pursuit backup mod available here: http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/9719-auto-pursuit-backup/.

For armor, you can download and install http://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/7894-vehicle-search-search-a-suspects-vehicle/ to retrieve armor and a carbine rifle from the back of police vehicles, or use a trainer.

Edited by Kilyin

Thanks! So the mod I have now is just the "Base" mod then? How many other major plugins are there for this mod?

I'll be installing that plugin soon, looks very useful in all the vids I've seen.

Anyone know what may cause the player to not be able to move after saving a game, closing out the game, and then re entering the game, all while the mod was activated?

Basically I can't move now... I cant move the camera, and I cant make the character move. Its like my devices have been disconnected, but I can still get into the map, and move things around. Can only fix this so far by loading to a point before I started the Cop missions.

Just now, CodeMerk said:

Anyone know what may cause the player to not be able to move after saving a game, closing out the game, and then re entering the game, all while the mod was activated?

Basically I can't move now... I cant move the camera, and I cant make the character move. Its like my devices have been disconnected, but I can still get into the map, and move things around. Can only fix this so far by loading to a point before I started the Cop missions.

As a general rule, don't save the game with LSPDFR loaded.