Sign in to follow this  
ben141211

Help with vehicles.meta

Basically I downloaded this model https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2014-police-mercedes-sprinter and i wanted to install it in the 'sheriff2' slot ive done that and its fine but i need too change the vehicles meta from policet too sheriff2 how do i do this ive already tried and messed it up and had to back up vehicles meta please help?

16 minutes ago, ben141211 said:

cheers mate ive fucked my gta up though aha xD

ouch sorry to hear that.. If you can't fix it and have to reinstall everything, just make sure you make backup copies so you don't have to go through this nightmare again.. Also when you are modding with OpenIV, create a folder in your main GTAV Directory called mods and any of the original GTAV files you intend to mod with that program, you would need to copy and paste into that mods Folder. When you are using OpenIV you work out of that folder only.. So if you screw something up, it's easy to fix by going back into your main GTAV directory and re-copying the original back to the mods Folder.. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Its all okay now found the problem which was causing the crash thats fixed and i think i found how to do the thing i wanted thanks for the help mate:thumbsup:

It still hasnt worked Ive install the carvartiations and renamed it too 'sheriff2' but im nto sure how i rename and redo the vehicles meta without messing it allup

Zeb    2
On 12/26/2015 at 1:29 AM, ben141211 said:

Its all okay now found the problem which was causing the crash thats fixed and i think i found how to do the thing i wanted thanks for the help mate:thumbsup:

It still hasnt worked Ive install the carvartiations and renamed it too 'sheriff2' but im nto sure how i rename and redo the vehicles meta without messing it allup

how did you fix it? im having the same issue! after i changed vehicle.meta game began to crash