Sign in to follow this  
Latetzki

Correct way to make duplicate directory of the game for LSPDFR/mods? (Non-steam version)

What's the correct way to create myself a mod copy of the game (While still having working GTA:Online in the original directory) when I have non-steam version? Do I just make a complete copy of the game directory to another location and place all the mods there? For example E:\GTA V with mods and original is in E:\Games\Grand Theft Auto V

If that's not possible with non-steam version, then please let me know what's the correct way.

Edited by Latetzki

There are different things you can do, programs that you can use etc. So my way isn't the only way. That is fine others can offer up their way, it's all preference...

What I do is this: Use the below setup for when I want to play LSPDFR and not Online

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V

and

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V-original 

Then when I want to play Online I do this

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V-Modded

and

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V

You want to have both Grand Theft Auto V Folders sitting in the same path like below

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games

but you can't have both named Grand Theft Auto V, only 1 can be named that and the other should be temporarily named something else.. Then all you have to do is change the folder names depending on whether you want to play offline or online.

Which ever folder you intend to play out of whether online or offline(modded or unmodded) just needs to be Grand Theft Auto V 

Edited by Kal74