Sign in to follow this  
jayee

ELS + Icenhancer 2.1

Hi guys, I'm totally new to the GTAIV modding community.  Got hooked on LCPD:FR once I found out about it on YT.  Right now, I'm in the process of getting the appropriate mods together for installation but I'm not sure what to do regarding the visualSettings.dat files that comes with ELS v7 and Icenhancer 2.1.  Which of the visualsettings.dat file should I keep and which one should I discard?  And.. will I have to modify the one I keep since it won't have the same values/settings inside (for ex: if I keep the ELS visualsettings.dat file - what would I need to modify in order to run Icenhancer properly?).

If there's more information regarding this topic, please let me know where it's located.  I have tried searching for this specific answer but nothing came up.

I would recommend trying the visual settings file from ELS first before using the one from icenhancer.  Icenhancer wasn't designed for ELS lights, so often times they look white or bland.  Using the file from ELS should add some extra visual quality to the ELS lights.  Same goes for the timecyc file, if included.

Neither mod will break by not using the visualsettings file that came with it.

Thanks for the info Icon.  I'm using ELS v7 with LCPD:FR 0.95 r2.  My GTAIV version is 1.0.7.0.  However, when I use ELS v7 (I a haven't installed Icenhancer yet - since I want to test each mod thoroughly before going forward to the next) the stock lightbars on the LCPD vehicles do not appear.  They actually seem to be missing as if it was ripped off.  You see two little red and white wires sticking out the roof of the car.  However, when I turn on the sirens the lightbar appears but it's very glitchy as it comes and disappears at a high rate.

I know ELS is not meant for the "stock" vehicles that came with GTAIV, but like I said.. I'm testing each mod out for glitches and stuff and I seem to have found one.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  The problem pertains to all LCPD vehicles in Liberty City that are the "stock" vehicles of the game. All lightbars are missing.

Thanks for the info Icon.  I'm using ELS v7 with LCPD:FR 0.95 r2.  My GTAIV version is 1.0.7.0.  However, when I use ELS v7 (I a haven't installed Icenhancer yet - since I want to test each mod thoroughly before going forward to the next) the stock lightbars on the LCPD vehicles do not appear.  They actually seem to be missing as if it was ripped off.  You see two little red and white wires sticking out the roof of the car.  However, when I turn on the sirens the lightbar appears but it's very glitchy as it comes and disappears at a high rate.

I know ELS is not meant for the "stock" vehicles that came with GTAIV, but like I said.. I'm testing each mod out for glitches and stuff and I seem to have found one.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  The problem pertains to all LCPD vehicles in Liberty City that are the "stock" vehicles of the game. All lightbars are missing.

You need to go into your ELS.ini file and deactivate the stock vehicles, that way ELS doesn't try and load its lights on stock cars (which causes this problem).

You need to go into your ELS.ini file and deactivate the stock vehicles, that way ELS doesn't try and load its lights on stock cars (which causes this problem).

Once again, thanks a bunch Icon.  You've been a great help and I appreciate it very much.

Once again, thanks a bunch Icon. You've been a great help and I appreciate it very much.

You're welcome, post back if you need anymore help with this.