Sign in to follow this  
Mustu

Making use of EVI's Emergency Lighting Equipment?

Hey LCPDFR officers,

I'm fairly new to modelling (I can put on light bars successfully, but I'm having problems with the Whelen Talon by bxbugs123) and I just wanted to know how to turn a piece of lighting equipment from a z3d file to a wft file with all the textures. Currently what I'm doing, is I import the textures for the grill lights (included in the HG2 Lighting Equipment) and click open. At this point, it asks if I want to discard the changes that I've made (I just imported some textures) and then when I click either yes or no, it totally discards those textures and I'm left with just the plain model. No textures or anything to it, so it won't even work in game properly. Any ideas on where I could find some grill lights or how to convert those z3d files in to working, .wft file formats? Help is greatly appreciated and the sooner I get help, the sooner I can release my first model for SCNG :)

First, you have to import the textures as normal.

Then, go to file - open and then click cancel. Do not click on either yes or no.

Choose the .z3d model you imported the textures for, and thats basically it.

Edited by TUNES

When in zmod, it doesn't matter if you have the textures when you export from a .z3d file. Altough when in your project file,(.z3d) open up material editor (by pressing E) go to the the texture bit and add the textures from there, then import your new .wtf file and the textures should appear, then you need to add those textures to your .wtd file using Open IV (Spark Iv will not work, you can only replace in Spark) So you can see ingame, In Open IV make sure your in edit mode =) 

Anything else?

When in zmod, it doesn't matter if you have the textures when you export from a .z3d file. Altough when in your project file,(.z3d) open up material editor (by pressing E) go to the the texture bit and add the textures from there, then import your new .wtf file and the textures should appear, then you need to add those textures to your .wtd file using Open IV (Spark Iv will not work, you can only replace in Spark) So you can see ingame, In Open IV make sure your in edit mode =) 

Anything else?

Thanks. It's funny how everyone gets confused between wft and wtf. LOL =D

Thanks. It's funny how everyone gets confused between wft and wtf. LOL =D

Oh Shit, I didnt even see that, It is super late in Australia and I am tired as ahah, my bad.

Oh Shit, I didnt even see that, It is super late in Australia and I am tired as ahah, my bad.

Hahah, time zone differences really suck :P

Hahah, time zone differences really suck :P

Yeso mate :tongue:

Yeso mate :tongue:

Well, this really sucks :( turns out those grill lights won't even import anymore! Anywhere else I can find grill lights? Sorry for all the trouble here man :D

Well, this really sucks :( turns out those grill lights won't even import anymore! Anywhere else I can find grill lights? Sorry for all the trouble here man :D

Well you can't reimport if you locked the .wft lol

Just go to your .rar version of it and extract that and use that one again ahha :) 

I do that all the time i screw something up and re-extract it :D

Just go to your .rar version of it and extract that and use that one again ahha :) 

LOL, I'm such a noob at modelling -.-

Just realized the damn models don't come with textures D: Back to the drawing board it is. 

LOL, I'm such a noob at modelling -.-

Just realized the damn models don't come with textures D: Back to the drawing board it is. 

Did you say BxBugs123 whelen talon? Dash lights? 

Cause I am using bug's talon dash lights and they came with textures /:

All parts and vehicle models should come with textures, May I ask what part or model you are trying to import?

EDIT: If using the HG2 equipment for the first time as a .z3d file simply import the textures and then drag that file into the workspace, Export after that, Then to use the .WFT file simply open up the project you are working on and import the same texture files as before and then you can import the .WFT file and begin work.

Edited by dcp1293

All parts and vehicle models should come with textures, May I ask what part or model you are trying to import?

EDIT: If using the HG2 equipment for the first time as a .z3d file simply import the textures and then drag that file into the workspace, Export after that, Then to use the .WFT file simply open up the project you are working on and import the same texture files as before and then you can import the .WFT file and begin work.

The HG2 grill lights are what I'm talking about. They ask for textures that aren't included. Anyway, I've ditched them so it should be ok now. 

Did you say BxBugs123 whelen talon? Dash lights? 

Cause I am using bug's talon dash lights and they came with textures /:

I was using his Talons too until they made me crash. Am I supposed to put the helper (or whatever you renamed it too e.g. misc_l) just in the chassis or anywhere else? Because the talons crash my game.