musicman45666

Can't install mod

Installation component 'CppScriptHook' error'd!
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(String path, Byte[] bytes)
   at G17MediaSetupEngine.Stuff.ExtractResourceToPath(String resourceName, String destName, Boolean pureres)
   at G17MediaSetupEngine.Stuff.ExtractResourceToPath(String resourceName, String destName)
   at G17MediaSetupEngine.Installation_Components.CScriptHook.beginComponent()
   at G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at G17MediaSetupEngine.UI.Interface.wizardControl1_SelectedPageChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have ran as administrator, and i have the read only box un-ticked. What am I missing? Is there a way to manually install the mod?

I got ya covered. NOT an admin or high up here but I walked one guy through this :)

after you do the stuff bellow, you should able to install the mod and play

OK, I got this covered! :-) Been through this! :-)

STEP ONE: read this thread: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

HOWEVER, that is NOT guaranteed to work, SO what you do is MOVE the RockStar Games folder to your desktop (if you have more than one game installed, then just move GTA IV). 

RIGHT click the folder, untick the Read Only properties box, and click ok (or apply but ok is faster). then, move the folder back to the rockstar games folder. Run the installer as admin.

That should take care of your problem.

Edited by SamForrester