Sign in to follow this  
JohnsonPhilliesheat6

GTA 4 Force Close Crashing (Game Save Issue?)

Lately my GTA has been crashing completely to the desktop (no errors or anything). It started after I reinstalled twice due to the GFWL issue thats been occuring. I've been able to run the game perfectly fine for a few months now on this computer. The game at first crashed everytime I tried to get into single player, at the Loading - The Cousins Bellic black screen. Then, presuming it was a game save issue, I had my friend invite me into a Multiplayer game, and go straight into multiplayer without going into single player. This worked and I was able to start a new game by leaving multiplayer, do the first 2 missions, and save successfully. I restarted my game and it loaded back into that single player game save just fine. Afterwards, I installed ELS, the Trainer, Timecycle, and LCPDFR (ALL MODS THAT WORKED FINE FOR ME BEFORE). This resulted in my game doing the same crashing thing when I started up, except this time it even crashes when trying to go straight into multiplayer. I deleted all these mods out again, and the game continues to crash as it loads up just after the character screen. I've tried reinstalling GFWL, deleting my game saves, trying different game saves, etc. Nothing seems to be working.

ANY possible support from ANYONE would be appreciated greatly. As owner of a police clan I'm trying to get this problem fixed ASAP so I can get back in game.

Thanks,

AST Commissioner Johnson (LCCP CHIEF 101)

Have you tried running LaunchGTAIV.exe as admin?  This is a simple fix when running scripts in GTA4 (NOTE: You'll need to always launch gta4 as admin when playing with modified files or running scripts).  Let me know if this doesn't help.

Also, a way to get around a corrupted saved game:

1) Start the game while not signed into GFWL.

2) After the game starts to load and starts a new story, sign back into GFWL.

3) Complete the first mission.

4) Now save over your last save and trigger an auto save just in case.

Unfortunetly neither worked. The LaunchGTA as Admin gave me an error saying Load Failed. Check your Hard Drive.

The starting offline still crashed me at the loading screen. The music was playing but no characters were showing up and then I got a force crash.

Unfortunetly neither worked. The LaunchGTA as Admin gave me an error saying Load Failed. Check your Hard Drive.

The starting offline still crashed me at the loading screen. The music was playing but no characters were showing up and then I got a force crash.

Try deleting ALL GTA IV Folders in your program files and documents (there is a folder in there) Then re install IV, and manually do the 1.0.7 update from here: 

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/484496-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Patch-7-Title-Update-v-1-0-7-0-English-1-0-6-1-Russian-1-0-5-2-Japanese-

Then see what happens, and as Custo, said try running it as an admin after you re install IV

Have you tried running LaunchGTAIV.exe as admin?  This is a simple fix when running scripts in GTA4 (NOTE: You'll need to always launch gta4 as admin when playing with modified files or running scripts).  Let me know if this doesn't help.

Also, a way to get around a corrupted saved game:

1) Start the game while not signed into GFWL.

2) After the game starts to load and starts a new story, sign back into GFWL.

3) Complete the first mission.

4) Now save over your last save and trigger an auto save just in case.

Try deleting ALL GTA IV Folders in your program files and documents (there is a folder in there) Then re install IV, and manually do the 1.0.7 update from here: 

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/484496-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Patch-7-Title-Update-v-1-0-7-0-English-1-0-6-1-Russian-1-0-5-2-Japanese-

Then see what happens, and as Custo, said try running it as an admin after you re install IV

Thanks guys, the deleting everything and re-installing worked. I'm back in action!

Much Appreciated,

Alaska State Troopers Commissioner Johnson