[Q] Mercedes-Benz Sprinter "Police"

G'day guys !

Not sure if I'm right in this forum section - Anyway I have a question about Mercedes-Benz Sprinter.

I'm curious in how many countries [which] are these vans used. I can't really find it on internet.

Maybe if you have some technical data and it's pros and cons.

Thank you very much ! :)

Visit my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/toshiroCZE

They are like used almost half of the world can you find a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Bus..

Proboly the most are like in, Sweden what I can find but im not sure If im right someone knows?

In Sweden we use these for :

Ambulance Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Ambulance

Police Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 906 Police

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Long

Fire Department Mercedes-Benz Long Fire Rescue

Mercedes Is an good looking car, really soft to ride in and drive.

If you search on google "Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Police / Ambulance / Fire Rescue" Or what you now want to find! :thumbsup:

You searching for any car or what? :whistling:

On 3/5/2016 at 5:24 PM, SwedishAntoon said:

They are like used almost half of the world can you find a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Bus..

Proboly the most are like in, Sweden what I can find but im not sure If im right someone knows?

In Sweden we use these for :

Ambulance Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Ambulance

Police Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 906 Police

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Long

Fire Department Mercedes-Benz Long Fire Rescue

We have those in London and most of England actually. In London we use the old ones and some new ones 

Metropolitan_Police_Mercedes_Sprinter_-_

8829361584_e664e53c39_b.jpg

The old ones are used for Riots and stuff because it doesn't matter if they get damaged because they're old 

9441004953_8948a074ff_b.jpg

9441040175_7fec1c8fff_b.jpg

As far as I know, they are used in RBT (Random Breath Testing) checkpoints, crime scenes and public events such as school fairs and carnivals. The green light is for when the van is not moving but is at the location of a crime scene (i'm pretty sure, don't quote me on that).

ambulance.jpg

They are also the ambulance of choice pretty much everywhere in Australia. This is a NSW ambulance.

EDIT: After some researching, it turns out I was right. According to this document,

A green flashing light warns road users of the presence of a stationary operational fire brigade, accredited NSW Rural Fire Service, ambulance or police emergency site command vehicle. They should not be operated while a vehicle is in motion. These display a red, or red and blue flashing light as applicable while in motion (see above).

Edited by SkillfulCorpse

5 hours ago, SkillfulCorpse said:

9441004953_8948a074ff_b.jpg

9441040175_7fec1c8fff_b.jpg

As far as I know, they are used in RBT (Random Breath Testing) checkpoints, crime scenes and public events such as school fairs and carnivals. The green light is for when the van is not moving but is at the location of a crime scene (i'm pretty sure, don't quote me on that).

ambulance.jpg

They are also the ambulance of choice pretty much everywhere in Australia. This is a NSW ambulance.

EDIT: After some researching, it turns out I was right. According to this document,

A green flashing light warns road users of the presence of a stationary operational fire brigade, accredited NSW Rural Fire Service, ambulance or police emergency site command vehicle. They should not be operated while a vehicle is in motion. These display a red, or red and blue flashing light as applicable while in motion (see above).

These long Mercedes-Sprinters looks so freaking nice in London.

Also some of the parts of the Ambulance looks good! ;)