Jump to content

LSPDFR 0.4 - Ambience

Sam

The fifth part of our LSPDFR 0.4 preview series has landed!

One of the things we like most about developing new versions of LSPDFR is that with each version we have the opportunity not only to work on major new features, but also the smaller details that our mods have come to be known for over the years.  Of course, 0.4 is no different in this regard and a lot has obviously changed since the early days of LSPDFR, offering us with a bunch of new ways to focus our attention to detail.

Read on below for the full preview...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

With every update, the hype intensifies further. It's so awesome reading about all these improvements the team have made - thank you for all the effort and hard work you've put into this, I'm pretty sure we'll be blown away by the end results. 😮

Link to post

Every update doesn't disappoint.  Now, just the release....LOL  One thing I would like to see is, being able to put yourself busy/unavailable and available.  Its kind of irritating when stopping a ped or on a traffic stop to be getting dispatched to a call.

Link to post

I like, but do have a question about the API and Ambience events.  Will the authors of scripts have to completely start brand new and what has been, if any, collaboration between the authors of some of the most popular scripts and the LSPDFR team? I think it would be greatly beneficial to have that collaboration, but do understand if there hasn't been any. Keep up the great work team and looking  forward to the much anticipated release of 0.4.

9 minutes ago, rmiers said:

You might want to look at the picture of the Police Radio menu again!  This is already in LSPDFR 0.3, too.

5 minutes ago, acucats said:

This is something that we're currently discussing internally.  There are a lot of fundamental changes in 0.4, so we have to be thoughtful with how we approach this.

Link to post

You guys just keep blowing my mind. Ambient crime, a working interaction menu, a working flashlight and more "police like" actions. I can't wait to see the finished product and how in depth you guys have made it. I have a question, are traffic stops going to be more ambient and PC related? What I mean is if I see a vehicle with a broken tailight, can the game recognize that I pulled over the CIV for a broken tail light? I would love to have the CIVs talk back and create and excuse about how they didn't know or whatever. Also, I want to see more PC ambient events with driving. If I see a CIV speed by me at 30 over the limit, I want the game to recognize why I pulled him over and not just guess. Thank you guys for all the hard work you guys are pouring into LSPDFR and I can't wait to see the end product!

love it

3 minutes ago, Officer Wiggins said:

that would be nice

Link to post

very excited to see the grand finale, everything looks good, I have a question anyone can help me will be welcome. I would like to know how to play with my brother, I have tried some mods but it does not work for me. Thank you for your time, and many special thanks to the great team that is working on this great update of lspdfr, :)

57 minutes ago, Officer Wiggins said:

if I see a vehicle with a broken tailight, can the game recognize that I pulled over the CIV for a broken tail light? Also, I want to see more PC ambient events with driving. If I see a CIV speed by me at 30 over the limit, I want the game to recognize why I pulled him over and not just guess.

These all sound like features from Albo1125's Traffic Policer. I shudder thinking about playing without it.

Link to post

THIS IS LOOKING SO DAMN GOOD!

1 hour ago, Fells said:

This is me speaking as myself, not as a member of G17 Media or on any "official" capacity.  Based on the other previews, it seems like 0.4 is going to offer most of what Albo's mods do, aside from Smart Radio.  There will still be some features from his mods that we don't have (coroner being one of them.  I don't recall Sam ever saying in past 0.4 threads if this was a thing), but for the most part, I think 0.4 may be beneficial in knocking down how many extra LSPDFR dependent mods we need, which is really a good thing.

Link to post

Looks fantastic guys! Just wondering with all these new features will it require replacing data files etc or will you make it into your own DLC package for simpler installation?

30 minutes ago, BeastyBill88 said:

Not for LSPDFR, no.  If you wish to use EUP or RDE or other mods like that, then yes.  LSPDFR 0.4 does have a completely new data file structure though for its own configuration and settings.

Just now, Sam said:

Not for LSPDFR, no.  If you wish to use EUP or RDE or other mods like that, then yes.  LSPDFR 0.4 does have a completely new data file structure though.

Ah ok so LSPDFR will still go into its own folder and the plugins folder, what about the models such as the radio and flashlight? Great work, loving all the new features that will be coming I just hope it doesn't cause stability problems with GTA V.

6 minutes ago, BeastyBill88 said:

Those models are already in the game.  Only thing LSPDFR needs is its data files which go in the LSPDFR folder.

Just now, Sam said:

Really? Wow I didn't know that (I learn something new everyday lol). Thanks Sam looking forward to the release!

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

×