On 3/11/2019 at 7:31 PM, Sniper296 said:

I didn't read all this topic, because I don't like flushing my time down the toilet. But I just have to comment on the expectations of users that this site should pursue your content on other sites, on other servers, in other jurisdictions.

Here is a bullet point of GitHub's DMCA procedure:

If your content is stolen, you, your lawyer or some other designated person is responsible for making a DMCA claim against the site or hosting provider hosting it. Not me, not Sam Houser, not your great aunt's dog. YOU!

Just as I have filed DMCA requests for my mods. I didn't demand someone else who's hosting my mods do it for me.

Just as has probably been done when LCPDFR or LSPDFR are hosted elsewhere without permission or decompiled.

It's unlikely that most vehicle mods even are valid copyright claims anyway. Surely EA, Ubi or whoever should be making that claim against a vehicle taken from their game. Or Ford, Dodge or whatever company owns them trademarks. Or the emergency department or company who's logos are being used.

And if locking mods is no longer effective, maybe complain to Oleg that your overpriced ZMod subscription doesn't feel worth it any more. But I'm sure he'll tell you that it is impossible for any file to be protected against reverse engineering, decryption, ripping, decompiling, etc. without preventing users from obtaining that file in the first place.

If you dont have time to help us, then you should just leave the community team. Its just horrible for you to say that after medic put all his heart on that and you reply with that. Shame on you. I know some people dont like me at all. But thats fine. I dont hate anyone nor do I wish bad things for anyone. But I still care for people on here even if they dont like me. Please at least have some fucking respect to us. You noticed the download rates on things have dropped. Mostly because people got tired of all the drama the people have been making and left.

After reading a good portion of this thread, I can see things from both perspectives. Staff seems to feel as though putting any kind of restrictions in place wouldn't stop the problem so what's the point? The community devs are asking for restrictions because (it might stop some) and  (even if it didn't) it shows support from the staff team for the developers. It seems like right now, the doors are wide open to these problems. While simply closing the door won't stop people from simply opening it and walking in, it at least shows some kind of effort. I think a huge concern now is the general principle. It's not just to completely stop it or even mostly stop, it's to show that something is being done in response to these wrongdoings. I saw someone mention before a really good analogy. Laws might not stop all crime, but just because it doesn't stop all crime doesn't mean we shouldn't have laws or shouldn't enforce them. This comes from someone who is truly third-party since I don't do any kind of developing nor staffing for this site. 

"You have to trust someone to be betrayed, I never Did"

On 3/14/2019 at 12:03 PM, StraightGlitcheZ said:

If you dont have time to help us, then you should just leave the community team. Its just horrible for you to say that after medic put all his heart on that and you reply with that. Shame on you. I know some people dont like me at all. But thats fine. I dont hate anyone nor do I wish bad things for anyone. But I still care for people on here even if they dont like me. Please at least have some fucking respect to us. You noticed the download rates on things have dropped. Mostly because people got tired of all the drama the people have been making and left.

How was that fucking disrespectful? Its simple, theres nothing they can fucking do to help you if your mod got stolen. He was just stating valid points to support his statement, you don't need to be pointing fingers if you don't agree to the statement, instead, you can choose to leave this community if you feel like you dont want your mods stolen.

16 hours ago, loleikz said:

How was that fucking disrespectful? Its simple, theres nothing they can fucking do to help you if your mod got stolen. He was just stating valid points to support his statement, you don't need to be pointing fingers if you don't agree to the statement, instead, you can choose to leave this community if you feel like you dont want your mods stolen.

No you can leave the community

My $0.02 and not that it's worth anything...

I used to be apart of another incredible modding community. It was for a racing simulation called NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. The ABSOLUTE BEST there was and actually in many ways still is. Anyway, my thoughts are I can see both sides of the argument here. With not referring to what another mod had said about the situation, I don't see how the creators and website owners of LSPDFR can make it any clearer. The only thing that can be done is hopefully get the host of the ripped content to delete it from their websites.

On the other I can completely understand the feeling of having hours of work taken just to get credit for it. I used to paint cars for NR2003 and I got quite decent at it. Even had some requests by people to make paint schemes. Luckily none of my stuff had ever been ripped, shared or what have you.

One main thing all you "modders", model creators etc have to keep in mind and correct me if I'm wrong... you all do NOT have rights to be making and posting models of real manufactured cars and using the name of said cars as well. Not to mention other things as well that are made for LSPDFR. I'm quite certain that if Ford, Dodge, Chevy etc got wind of this website and the content the party would come to a halt. So honestly those complaining about creating content are hypocritical. You were never given permission to use the actual design and name of said manufactures cars. No you're not doing it for profit but you are claiming that it's "YOUR" work. And honestly, it's not.

Just like we all did with the mods, cars, paint scheme of NR2003.... make them and share because you want to and enjoy seeing the happiness of others using your content. If not, don't and stop whining about it.

Wannabe Officer In Training With LSPDFR!

7 hours ago, MercilessJester said:

My $0.02 and not that it's worth anything...

I used to be apart of another incredible modding community. It was for a racing simulation called NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. The ABSOLUTE BEST there was and actually in many ways still is. Anyway, my thoughts are I can see both sides of the argument here. With not referring to what another mod had said about the situation, I don't see how the creators and website owners of LSPDFR can make it any clearer. The only thing that can be done is hopefully get the host of the ripped content to delete it from their websites.

On the other I can completely understand the feeling of having hours of work taken just to get credit for it. I used to paint cars for NR2003 and I got quite decent at it. Even had some requests by people to make paint schemes. Luckily none of my stuff had ever been ripped, shared or what have you.

One main thing all you "modders", model creators etc have to keep in mind and correct me if I'm wrong... you all do NOT have rights to be making and posting models of real manufactured cars and using the name of said cars as well. Not to mention other things as well that are made for LSPDFR. I'm quite certain that if Ford, Dodge, Chevy etc got wind of this website and the content the party would come to a halt. So honestly those complaining about creating content are hypocritical. You were never given permission to use the actual design and name of said manufactures cars. No you're not doing it for profit but you are claiming that it's "YOUR" work. And honestly, it's not.

Just like we all did with the mods, cars, paint scheme of NR2003.... make them and share because you want to and enjoy seeing the happiness of others using your content. If not, don't and stop whining about it.

I hate that I am even posting here, cause I tried to avoid all this as best as necessary, but I thought I might clear this up a bit.
If someone has made a custom skin to a model that is made by a real automobile manufacturer, then they may retain the rights to the skin, cause it is their own creation. However, there may be an instance where the model itself could be in violation of an automotive company's copyright. I have actually pulled a section from the Ford Copyright section of their terms and conditions and it states:
"All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on this Site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of Ford, its affiliated companies and its licensors" 
That can be found in the Limited Licenses section.
As for my stance, again I can see this situation from both sides. The Owner and other Management members can only do so much as to stop people from downloading without a login, and potentially ban anyone who has been proven to have stolen content. However, I do see why content creators are upset. They have indeed spent a lot of time working on their projects, and I understand if they just want a little peace of mind from this website, in the website saying they will at least try to protect their work here.

That is my two-cents.

You all have a lovely and bright day! 🙂

Come and join my Unofficial Fan LSPDFR Support Discord to get additional help if needed: https://discord.gg/2PnWQF
Reminder: This is a fan Discord, and is in no way an Official LSPDFR Discord Server, nor is it related to G17 Media or the LSPDFR Team as a whole.

Quick note on the copyright conversation - for those of us who purchase base models from places like TurboSquid or Hum3D, those purchases include a license from the auto manufacturer to use the likeness of their product. So, most of those types of models are being used with a purchased license from Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, etc. 

13 hours ago, medic4523 said:

Quick note on the copyright conversation - for those of us who purchase base models from places like TurboSquid or Hum3D, those purchases include a license from the auto manufacturer to use the likeness of their product. So, most of those types of models are being used with a purchased license from Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, etc. 

I figured there had to be some type of documentation that came with it to make the models legal. Cool to know! 🙂

Come and join my Unofficial Fan LSPDFR Support Discord to get additional help if needed: https://discord.gg/2PnWQF
Reminder: This is a fan Discord, and is in no way an Official LSPDFR Discord Server, nor is it related to G17 Media or the LSPDFR Team as a whole.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, medic4523 said:

I'm aware of a partnership between TurboSquid and Ford for example, but I think there more than a few issues with this:

• Ford make it pretty clear that what you, as someone buying a model has, is a limited license - that they retain ownership of the model and your license is simply use of the model.
  • There is a lot in the license that looks to be incredibly incompatible with a game like GTA.

image.png

I think there are many complications in there.  The license seems to be intended for someone to use a Ford vehicle in a media project or demo, not as a mod in a third party game which surely has its own legal implications.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

14 minutes ago, NicholasCage said:

Is you're discord gone? I just got back from bootcamp and it wasn't there 😕

You probably got purged with all the new changes/security. 

On 3/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, JKL409 said:

What's this drama even about? 

Trying to come in late and act cheeky frankly is just sad. Some of the issues that stemmed from this have been resolved. Some are ongoing. Coming in and acting like a jackass helps no one. 

6 hours ago, xPredatorz said:

Trying to come in late and act cheeky frankly is just sad. Some of the issues that stemmed from this have been resolved. Some are ongoing. Coming in and acting like a jackass helps no one. 

So.... It's about...? Nothing. 

13 hours ago, JKL409 said:

So.... It's about...? Nothing. 

If you read through the entire post with everyone's input you can kind of piece together the story. 🙂