Jump to content
jitsuin666

LSPDFR Feels Like A Demo WIth No Purpose

Recommended Posts

I think LSPDFR is obviously the best mod on GTA V but it lacks purpose. I just started playing GTA 5 again and tried it out for the first time and am very impressed with the whole police station and even the way the camera pans to the outside of the police station when you enter the station to go on duty. Right now though the mod lacks any kind of real purpose other than it being a demo to showcase all the cool stuff you guys made. It does not offer much replayability. A mod like this of course if it had a full blown campaign with voice acting would be amazing but it needs purpose to get people addicted. I actually made a mod for myself to track my kills from when i load my game until i die. I give myself 50 points for kills and 100 points for headshot kills and keep track of headshots and kill count. Then I save my high score and it make it so when i am bored and just causing chaos it actually keeps my score and when i die i can try to beat my score. It makes causing chaos have puprose and more fun if you are trying to beat a friend's score. LSPDFR has it's own website and could store users score and even show the high scores in game when you die. You know give points for killing suspects and more points for arresting them. Track the scores each death of the player angainst the callout suspects. Or if not that anything you could think of to give the player something to achieve. It is essentially a demo of what you guys scripted and fun to mess around with but not for long. Thanks.

 

Also I play with a controller and oncfigurable controller buttons would be nice but i can use steam to edit controller settings to whatever but it would be easier if you guys programmed in double tap presses for buttons or something. The controller might be limited but if you are creative you can get a lot of functions on them. I can play arma with a controller no problem and i have tons of stuff binded to my pad so it can be done 😉

Edited by jitsuin666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSPDFR is packed will a lot of capabilities, like you've outlined. A lot of LSPDFR's more complex, more awesome features come from plugins and scripts contributed by the community. That way members of the community can adapt LSPDFR for their own personal tastes and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in case you guys want code to help controller people...

 

i made these classes to detect double taps and long presses of buttons... i think in your mod for any key there should also be a contoller button check and many functions can be implemented by double tapping A button or D pad down or by doing long presses of those buttons... please take this code if you want to implement controller functionality for loser controller people like me :3

 

implemented...

 

declare in class

 

private LongPress lp = new LongPress(ControllerButtons.A);

 

 

Tick

if (Game.IsKeyPressed(Keys.E) || lp.Check())

{

    ArrestSuspect();

}

 

			Spoiler				
			    class LongPress
		    {
		        private const uint LONG_PRESS_TIME = 1000u;		

		        private bool startedPress;
		        private uint pressTime;
		        private ControllerButtons button;		

		        internal LongPress(ControllerButtons b)
		        {
		            button = b;
		        }		

		        internal bool Check()
		        {
		            bool yep = Game.IsControllerButtonDownRightNow(button);		

		            if (!yep)
		            {
		                startedPress = false;
		                return false;
		            }		

		            uint gt = Game.GameTime;
		            if (startedPress)
		            {
		                if (gt - pressTime > LONG_PRESS_TIME)
		                {
		                    startedPress = false;
		                    return true;
		                }
		            }
		            else
		            {
		                startedPress = true;
		                pressTime = gt;
		            }
		            return false;
		        }
		    }
		    class DoublePress
		    {
		        private const uint DOUBLE_PRESS_TIME = 500u;		

		        private uint pressTime;
		        private int pressCount;
		        private ControllerButtons button;		

		        internal DoublePress(ControllerButtons b)
		        {
		            button = b;
		        }		

		        internal bool Check()
		        {
		            bool yep = Game.IsControllerButtonDown(button);
		            if (yep)
		            {
		                uint gt = Game.GameTime;
		                pressCount++;
		                if (pressCount == 1)
		                {
		                    pressTime = gt;
		                    return false;
		                }
		                else if (gt - pressTime < DOUBLE_PRESS_TIME)
		                {
		                    pressCount = 0;
		                    return true;
		                }
		                else
		                {
		                    pressTime = gt;
		                    pressCount = 1;
		                    return false;
		                }
		            }
		            else
		            {
		                pressCount = 0;
		                return false;
		            }
		        }
		    }			
	

Also that is great you guys are already way ahead of me thinking about replayability 😉 i will check out that article, looks promising... i have been out the loop of gta 5 for a couple years (or more)

 

THERE IS A BUG IN THIS CODE BUT IF YOU WANT TO USE YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT xD

Edited by jitsuin666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 1:57 AM, Wilhelm said:

LSPDFR is packed will a lot of capabilities, like you've outlined. A lot of LSPDFR's more complex, more awesome features come from plugins and scripts contributed by the community. That way members of the community can adapt LSPDFR for their own personal tastes and so on.

any mods you can recommend? preferably bug free ones lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jitsuin666 said:

any mods you can recommend? preferably bug free ones lol

 

Well, I can tell you there's no such thing as "bug free". Even Windows blue screens. You're bound to come across bugs and crashes, because that's what modding is about. We have an "Essential Mods" section which are handpicked and placed onto a separate category in the downloads section. I use most of these, and it might be worth taking a look at them!

 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/essential-mods/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wilhelm said:

 

Well, I can tell you there's no such thing as "bug free". Even Windows blue screens. You're bound to come across bugs and crashes, because that's what modding is about. We have an "Essential Mods" section which are handpicked and placed onto a separate category in the downloads section. I use most of these, and it might be worth taking a look at them!

 

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/essential-mods/

i meant relatively bug free 🙂 thanks for the reply, i will look at those

 

so all those mods on that page could be installed? will there be any conflict?

Edited by jitsuin666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jitsuin666 said:

i meant relatively bug free 🙂 thanks for the reply, i will look at those

 

so all those mods on that page could be installed? will there be any conflict?

You'll always have to look for conflicts in configuration files and manuals. 


"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ineseri said:

You'll always have to look for conflicts in configuration files and manuals. 

ugh im too lazy, the modders need to do that stuff... like if my mod is listed on essential mods i will make sure it works 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, jitsuin666 said:

I think LSPDFR is obviously the best mod on GTA V but it lacks purpose. I just started playing GTA 5 again and tried it out for the first time and am very impressed with the whole police station and even the way the camera pans to the outside of the police station when you enter the station to go on duty. Right now though the mod lacks any kind of real purpose other than it being a demo to showcase all the cool stuff you guys made. It does not offer much replayability. A mod like this of course if it had a full blown campaign with voice acting would be amazing but it needs purpose to get people addicted. I actually made a mod for myself to track my kills from when i load my game until i die. I give myself 50 points for kills and 100 points for headshot kills and keep track of headshots and kill count. Then I save my high score and it make it so when i am bored and just causing chaos it actually keeps my score and when i die i can try to beat my score. It makes causing chaos have puprose and more fun if you are trying to beat a friend's score. LSPDFR has it's own website and could store users score and even show the high scores in game when you die. You know give points for killing suspects and more points for arresting them. Track the scores each death of the player angainst the callout suspects. Or if not that anything you could think of to give the player something to achieve. It is essentially a demo of what you guys scripted and fun to mess around with but not for long. Thanks.

 

Also I play with a controller and oncfigurable controller buttons would be nice but i can use steam to edit controller settings to whatever but it would be easier if you guys programmed in double tap presses for buttons or something. The controller might be limited but if you are creative you can get a lot of functions on them. I can play arma with a controller no problem and i have tons of stuff binded to my pad so it can be done 😉


I guess you don't play it like you should. I mean, at no point to me it feels like a dem because I spent time optimizing and customizing everything. I have the mod for 2 years now??? And the realism still gets me stuck to it for hours. You seem to be wanting a casual LSPDFR as you described with the mod you made.

Again nothing wrong with that, but its not what LSPDFR is destined to be entirely. It still tries to please the casual gamers but the main target aren't the masses, It's people who like police stuff. Those are usually the ones who stick around. We have fun in making it look like the real thing. Although, obviously, that's not achievable at all... Being a cop IRL is risky as hell and I appreciate the people who do that job for me because im not interested in risking my life. But I like to simulate it.

What you're suggesting would be an APB Reloaded rip-off basically... Check 0.4's updates. You'll see that stats are coming back like we had in LCPDFR.


Also I get the configurable controller for LSPDFR. But Arma? My man what are you doing with your life? That's a gaming sin lmao jk.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:21 AM, jitsuin666 said:

ugh im too lazy, the modders need to do that stuff... like if my mod is listed on essential mods i will make sure it works 😉


… They… can't... They would need to know what mods EVERYONE is using. Basically would be impossible to make a mod that doesn't enter in conflict with other mods. Like Redux and ELS... it's VisualSettings file makes the lights look funky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...