Martin951

Improved Police Lights [not just another brightness settings]

I am working on a modification, that will increase the distance of a lightbar brightness.

This is what I have so far.

It is a combination of few mods. If people are interested, I'll pack all the necessary files together and release it as a standalone modification.

Currently the installation is quite complicated, if you're interested in trying it out, leave a message below.

6jE0yeB.jpg

US3PIyX.jpg

- this is my signature, ok? -

I think I'd like to try it out, since I always wanted that type of flares for the siren lights. If other light sources have it, it's fine.

Also is it possible to increase or decrease the intensity of it?

Okey,

there is the file. Hopefully it is not against rules to post external mirror.

You will need Menyoo trainer to enable BloomMid timecycle. You will also need Natural Vison Remastered installed before installing this mod.

inside menyoo, go to misc settings>vison hax>BloomMid. (Sometimes, the timecycle resets and you will need to enable it agin, for example if you crash at higher speed)

I'd also like to ask for help. If there is any scripter, that could tell me how to make a script that changes timecycle, I would much appreciate it. (If its possible in LUA, i might do it.)

File:

-VirusScan-

MediaFire Download

More Images:

SXek5XD.jpg

OqPuplg.jpg

W6fuwq0.jpg

rKi5dqK.jpg

dEgeelu.jpg

Edited by Martin951

Looks really good.  Please continue work on this as it is the fix for ELS lights I have always wanted! Would be better as a simpler mod/install though.

24 minutes ago, TheHC09 said:

Looks really good.  Please continue work on this as it is the fix for ELS lights I have always wanted! Would be better as a simpler mod/install though.

I am working on a standalone script. Custom visualsettings is, however, required just like custom timecycle.

25 minutes ago, Martin951 said:

I am working on a standalone script. Custom visualsettings is, however, required just like custom timecycle.

May I ask the workings of the mod? What is changed in the visualsettings to make the timecycle work?

51 minutes ago, TheHC09 said:

May I ask the workings of the mod? What is changed in the visualsettings to make the timecycle work?

Visualsettings tells the game how to display sprite coronas. (Those you see at traffic lamps or vehicle headlights). It also affects how bloom works. For example how much white there needs to be on the screen, to make it glow (bloomy). While timecycle affects postFX (shader). Together I can make distant lights a bit out of focus (timecycle) and make them bloomy (visualsettings). Then timecycle tells the bloomy light to cause a lens flare / corona. I am not good at explaining so hopefully you get it 😄

The problem you get without this mod is, that police lights get too small over the distance, so the game basicaly skips them from any postFX (kind of). If I defocus them using timecycle, they get a little bigger.

Edited by Martin951

23 hours ago, Martin951 said:

Visualsettings tells the game how to display sprite coronas. (Those you see at traffic lamps or vehicle headlights). It also affects how bloom works. For example how much white there needs to be on the screen, to make it glow (bloomy). While timecycle affects postFX (shader). Together I can make distant lights a bit out of focus (timecycle) and make them bloomy (visualsettings). Then timecycle tells the bloomy light to cause a lens flare / corona. I am not good at explaining so hopefully you get it 😄

The problem you get without this mod is, that police lights get too small over the distance, so the game basicaly skips them from any postFX (kind of). If I defocus them using timecycle, they get a little bigger.

Thanks for explaining. When you say 'sprite coronas', are these the coronas that appear on street lamps, headlights and includes the Non-ELS coronas that you get? I like to disable the ELS coronas that are quite buggy, so if I didn't install the visualsettings, would this affect the actual lights bloom?

17 minutes ago, TheHC09 said:

Thanks for explaining. When you say 'sprite coronas', are these the coronas that appear on street lamps, headlights and includes the Non-ELS coronas that you get? I like to disable the ELS coronas that are quite buggy, so if I didn't install the visualsettings, would this affect the actual lights bloom?

Yes, exactly.

It would affect the bloom exposure settings, but i haven't tested it. Perhaps it won't do much of a difference.

2 minutes ago, Martin951 said:

Yes, exactly.

It would affect the bloom exposure settings, but i haven't tested it. Perhaps it won't do much of a difference.

So what exactly have you changed in visualsettings aside from bloom exposure? What have you changed in relation to the coronas? Also, do I have to install NVR for it to work as I prefer using VisualV?

1 hour ago, TheHC09 said:

So what exactly have you changed in visualsettings aside from bloom exposure? What have you changed in relation to the coronas? Also, do I have to install NVR for it to work as I prefer using VisualV?

I haven't changed much, just the bloom, but bloom is related to coronas tho. Let's say you are looking at a light in the distance, without bloom, it only takes few pixels of your screen, which is not enough for the postFX to render a corona around. With bloom however, it gets a bit bigger, resulting in a postFX corona. Timecycle increases the bloom so its more visible, but without visualsettings file I provide, everything, even just walls, will get that glow effect. 

You can, probably, use VisualV insted of NVR.

Edited by Martin951

35 minutes ago, Martin951 said:

I haven't changed much, just the bloom, but bloom is related to coronas tho. Let's say you are looking at a light in the distance, without bloom, it only takes few pixels of your screen, which is not enough for the postFX to render a corona around. With bloom however, it gets a bit bigger, resulting in a postFX corona. Timecycle increases the bloom so its more visible, but without visualsettings file I provide, everything, even just walls, will get that glow effect. 

You can, probably, use VisualV insted of NVR.

Okay thanks for making it clear. Just a couple of other things to clarify, sorry! So what does the graphics.ytd file do? And did you change the sprite coronas in visualsettings.dat, as I thought they weren't affected by PostFX?

54 minutes ago, Martin951 said:

Graphics.ytd contains a texture for the postFX coronas. So you get that "lens line" effect insted of just a glow.

Okay I'm gonna test it all out now!

Sorry my friend but it works very poorly. The bloom on traffic lights, building lights and car taillights is insanely bright. And the ELS lights look no different from a distance.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:58 AM, TheHC09 said:

Any updates mate?

Interested in updates as well, I've been bitching about ELS lights looking like crap, well they only look good when you are like 20ft away from police lights, when you walk away so do the lights, they just disappear and all you see is reflections. There are some lightbar setups that are better than others but they all suck lol

12 hours ago, Martin951 said:

Working on it right now. There are few improvements as I am slowly discovering all the possibilities. Please note that there is no, atleast I did not find any, documentation to the postFX functions, and for every change, I have to restart GTA.

Damn, I wish I could help man but I have no technical expertise. I can tell you this tho, I have downloaded every single ELS vehicle, only 4 people know how to set the corona lights, and their lights look better than the rest from a distance especially T0y and BradM

@t0y @BradM @Slendis @OfficerFive0