Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Coming February, 2019

4 hours ago, Doppelnull said:

I think it's pretty annoying to make unrealistic and inaccurate announcements about the possible release more than a month before. You could also announce the end of February if any other release date seems unrealistic, so as not to let your community stand in obscurity.
Many people have been hyping for weeks, although every staff member is more or less aware that February 2019 means only the end of February. You wouldn't have had to announce a specific release date, but at least a realistic period as short as possible.
Again, it's just my point of view and I don't know tactical backgrounds. For me personally, it always seems disappointing, as it subconsciously feels like it's shifted every weekend.

Nonetheless, I thank you for your work and hope for a timely release by, as announced, the 28th of February. 

I agree!

While we all patiently wait for 0.4, what custom agencies do you guys plan on having in your game? I'm looking forward to use small town police departments like Paleto and Sandy Shores as well as custom liveries for the sheriff units based on their area within LS. This is probably my favorite part of the update.

3 hours ago, OfficerVeX said:

If it is not released today I will kill one cat IRL. 

I don't even know whether you're joking anymore, I've dispatched EMS and a patrol car to your location.

Don't do anything drastic okay.

I've also tried to contact the youtuber voice over pete.

Edited by JKL409

1 hour ago, Kaller330 said:

The thread blew up a bit and not entirely in the right direction I won't quote as there's far too many posts.

The development team work hard, for free, to put something they've spent time on out there for us to play. For all I care they can announce a date in the coming century for release. The reason in my eyes that they have given a timeframe is to get the community to a place where they can enjoy the new features of the mod after having waited a little whole for them to appreciate them more. But more importantly it allows the dev team, in fact no calling them a dev team dehumanises the guys working on this and makes it seem like it's their job, more time to make changes and fixes if something's not up to their standards and to avoid disappointment if they miss a fixed date. 

We have to remember that as excited as we are, and believe me I'm excited too, these are people who wake up in the morning and do this essentially free of charge.

Whilst you're 100% free to share your thoughts on the matter of a release date, bear the above in mind before drawing a conclusion as if the guys were faceless entities at some large company. 

As a developer myself, I totally agree with you. I would add that developing personal projects on your free time sometimes requires a lot more energy than if you worked for your company because it takes a lot of courage to take care of everything in parallel with your "regular" life. You have to invest a lot and it is sometimes financially and emotionally very complicated.
I thank the whole team for their hard work and all that energy. Thank you very much for lspdfr.

__asm__ __volatile__( ".intel_syntax noprefix;"
                      "mov sp, 0xf000; mov ax, 0x5307; mov bx, 0x0001; mov cx, 0x0003"
                      "int 0x15 ; cli ; jmp $"

) // Not the US Gov shutdown '-'

I feel like everyone is quickly losing their shit. Calm. Down. It is only the 17th, the final deadline they set themselves, which I doubt they are going to miss, is only 11 days away. Less than 2 weeks.

Many people maybe frustrated with the release not being nearer the start of the month, I get it, I would have preferred that, but no one is entitled to demand a release when; 

a) The deadline they set can still be met

b) It is completely free (with donations being accepted)

c) There is still activity happening (i.e. staff still replying to this thread) 

Best thing to do is just read the memes, play 0.3.1 and just carry on with your life.

1 minute ago, Slushy said:

I feel like everyone is quickly losing their shit. Calm. Down. It is only the 17th, the final deadline they set themselves, which I doubt they are going to miss, is only 11 days away. Less than 2 weeks.

Many people maybe frustrated with the release not being nearer the start of the month, I get it, I would have preferred that, but no one is entitled to demand a release when; 

a) The deadline they set can still be met

b) It is completely free (with donations being accepted)

c) There is still activity happening (i.e. staff still replying to this thread) 

Best thing to do is just read the memes, play 0.3.1 and just carry on with your life.

PFFT 0.3.1? who plays that anymore? WE HAVE 0.4 ON THE WAY! Once 0.4 is born, everyone is going to stamp on 0.3.1 until it is nothing more than a mass of bubbling bones and blood.

Just now, OfficerVeX said:

PFFT 0.3.1? who plays that anymore? WE HAVE 0.4 ON THE WAY! Once 0.4 is born, everyone is going to stamp on 0.3.1 until it is nothing more than a mass of bubbling bones and blood.

And that's fair enough, same as what happened to the previous version of LSPDFR, but until then, everyone just needs to chill.

10 minutes ago, ScreamingFrancis said:

Close this thread pls, it's becoming embarassing.

I agree, at first it was fun and entertaining then everyone started taking everything WAY too seriously and do not understanding how to act.

" The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, But the sheepdog lives for that day. " 

2 minutes ago, B. Oliveira said:

02/28/19

11:59 pm

Time zone UTC-12 of course! 😁

Edited by Laqueesha

30 minutes ago, Laqueesha said:

Time zone UTC-12 of course! 😁

We are in talks with the US to get  Baker or Howland Island moved to UTC-15. If Kiribati can go to UTC+14, why not them to -15? I'm sure they won't mind the move since they are uninhabited.

1 hour ago, Southern Mountie said:

I agree, at first it was fun and entertaining then everyone started taking everything WAY too seriously and do not understanding how to act.

There is not a lot more to discuss other than memes, honestly. Once it is released the thread will be useless, people are going to be more entertained with 0.4.

Lt. Winston Brown

Los Santos Police Department

1 minute ago, Winston Brown said:

There is not a lot more to discuss other than memes, honestly. Once it is released the thread will be useless, people are going to be more entertained with 0.4.

Trust me I know, its the ones screamin' bout I want it now that have ruined the fun in the thread for the rest of us that were just having fun and playing games demanding release under the threat of feline hostages.

" The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, But the sheepdog lives for that day. " 

1 minute ago, Southern Mountie said:

Trust me I know, its the ones screamin' bout I want it now that have ruined the fun in the thread for the rest of us that were just having fun and playing games demanding release under the threat of feline hostages.

Exactly. Why so serious guys?