Sam

LSPDFR 0.4 - Coming February, 2019

Cyan

Please help keep the forum tidy by putting any support requests into the appropriate support forum -- not here. Further support requests will be removed.

Thank you for helping us keep this topic tidy!

Message added by Cyan

Looking forward to this, although I do have a question.

I tend to play different agencies and thus different characters, how will that work with this character creation set-up?  Can I have multiple characters, or will creating one remove the old?

This text does not really say anything of any significant importance.

8 hours ago, HotFuzz said:

Looking forward to this, although I do have a question.

I tend to play different agencies and thus different characters, how will that work with this character creation set-up?  Can I have multiple characters, or will creating one remove the old?

You can either select from a pool of predefined characters for various agencies (as well as adding your own via xml should you fancy) . This is similar to the different ped models you can find in the duty selection right now. Or you can play as a freemode character and download appropriate textures for it to play as different agencies with your main character.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

2 minutes ago, LMS said:

Or you can play as a freemode character and download appropriate textures for it to play as different agencies with your main character.

Thank you for the reply.  What I mainly wonder though is when I put on different clothes with the proper textures for different agencies, but these textures need to be downloaded, as they are not included?

I assume creating a freemode character will replace previously existing character, though, so I cannot have several ones living in different locations.  Is this correct?

2 minutes ago, HotFuzz said:

Thank you for the reply.  What I mainly wonder though is when I put on different clothes with the proper textures for different agencies, but these textures need to be downloaded, as they are not included?

I assume creating a freemode character will replace previously existing character, though, so I cannot have several ones living in different locations.  Is this correct?

The default freemode character in GTA V only has proper clothing for the LSPD, so if you plan on playing as different agencies you will have to download the appropriate textures. I would not worry about it too much for now as there will be xml definitions for most major uniform and vehicle packs at release or shortly after.

You can have multiple characters, as many as you want in fact. They all "spawn" at the same house for now though, i.e. with their appropriate personal vehicle and isolated from each other but it will be the same interior.

Please do not PM me unless really necessary (knowing you helps). If you think you need my attention in a topic, tag me.

1 hour ago, LMS said:

The default freemode character in GTA V only has proper clothing for the LSPD, so if you plan on playing as different agencies you will have to download the appropriate textures. I would not worry about it too much for now as there will be xml definitions for most major uniform and vehicle packs at release or shortly after.

You can have multiple characters, as many as you want in fact. They all "spawn" at the same house for now though, i.e. with their appropriate personal vehicle and isolated from each other but it will be the same interior. 

Much obliged for those answers.  Looking forward to this release - and any upcoming ones as well, of course.  The work you all put in is greatly appreciated.

With the customization options, will you be able to define a certain livery for a department or patrol area, or will it have to be its own separate vehicle? for example if i wanted a slick top cvpi to be used for 2 departments could i define a livery for each or would they need to be different spawn names?

Will a partner system be implemented in 0.4? What about a more complex computer system with backgrounds, arrest and citation histories, addresses, etc.?  Can shotguns and rifles be retrieved from the gun rack or trunk (sort of like LCPDFR)?

I think it would be cool if, when attacking an officer, it was possible to report this to the dispatcher at the touch of a button, so that he would call for reinforcements. (Shot fired, shot fired, I need help !!!)

This is simply amazing. Just created the account to post this. Had to say. Thanks for all the great work and thanks for all the hours of entertainment. Love you guys!!

@Sam Think of every swearword (Except diseases) ever and I just said them with yes afterwards

That's a positive thing BTW

On 1/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, Sam said:

@Cyan, in addition to all of her work on the website

I NEVER KNEW SHE WAS A WHAMEN.

NOW I RESPECT WHAMEN EVEN MORE

Edited by Jesyx