Hvlioss

Ways to boost my fps?

So i have LSPDFR with a bunch of mods, and on the vanilla gta 5 i get 100+ fps on high settings sometimes 120.

on lspdfr i get like 40 or below. i do have a lot of plugins so i may uninstall all of em and reinstall a few. 

You have to remember that when you play the game without any modifications, everything you do and see has been finetuned by a studio with a million dollar plus budget. This finetuning means that everything is meant to work together. Modifications work differently and often work through reverse engineering the game with little official information on how the internals work. Modifications such as RAGEPluginHook run as additional scripts interacting with the game, which means additional processing power.

There are some things you can do to try to optimize the impact, but the bottom line is that you just may need to upgrade your hardware (CPU and RAM will especially help in the case of LSPDFR and LSPDFR plugins). Some things you can try on an upper level are:

• Adjust GPU settings for the game (NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Catalyst (?))
  • Use lower poly models if your hardware can not handle a large amount of polys in one location. LSPDFR  and LSPDFR plugins may call in modded vehicles such as police units more frequently than you'd see them in the base game
  • Ensure you are using a high performance power plan in Windows 10
  • Ensure components aren't being throttled, ensure you have adequate cooling and ventilation
  • Adjust settings in game, especially those that use CPU (population variety is one of them, you can google for more)
  • Optimize the plugins themselves where possible. Plugins will often have a configuration file (.ini, .xml) where you can tweak certain parts of the script. The included readme may recommend certain options to tweak in favor of performance
  • Similar to above, some plugins will bog the game down no matter what you tweak. Try removing certain plugins and finding less demanding alternatives
  • Close applications and programs that you do not need. This gives more processing power to the game
Edited by liverlande

1 hour ago, liverlande said:

You have to remember that when you play the game without any modifications, everything you do and see has been finetuned by a studio with a million dollar plus budget. This finetuning means that everything is meant to work together. Modifications work differently and often work through reverse engineering the game with little official information on how the internals work. Modifications such as RAGEPluginHook run as additional scripts interacting with the game, which means additional processing power.

There are some things you can do to try to optimize the impact, but the bottom line is that you just may need to upgrade your hardware (CPU and RAM will especially help in the case of LSPDFR and LSPDFR plugins). Some things you can try on an upper level are:

• Adjust GPU settings for the game (NVIDIA Control Panel, AMD Catalyst (?))
  • Use lower poly models if your hardware can not handle a large amount of polys in one location. LSPDFR  and LSPDFR plugins may call in modded vehicles such as police units more frequently than you'd see them in the base game
  • Ensure you are using a high performance power plan in Windows 10
  • Ensure components aren't being throttled, ensure you have adequate cooling and ventilation
  • Adjust settings in game, especially those that use CPU (population variety is one of them, you can google for more)
  • Optimize the plugins themselves where possible. Plugins will often have a configuration file (.ini, .xml) where you can tweak certain parts of the script. The included readme may recommend certain options to tweak in favor of performance
  • Similar to above, some plugins will bog the game down no matter what you tweak. Try removing certain plugins and finding less demanding alternatives
  • Close applications and programs that you do not need. This gives more processing power to the game

I am aware but i didnt know i would struggle to get just 60 fps lol. 

28 minutes ago, flwpheonix said:

What are your system specs?

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core cpu.
AMD Radeon RX 560 4gb
8GB DDR4 Ram

I play most of my games on high at 60 or more fps fyi

10 minutes ago, Hvlioss said:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core cpu.
AMD Radeon RX 480 4gb
8GB DDR4 Ram

I play most of my games on high at 60 or more fps fyi

I was thinking of overclocking my gpu so i can play lspdfr smoothly.

Edited by Hvlioss

Just now, flwpheonix said:

Not sure about AMDs specs performance wise. I know my i5 3570K and GTX 980ti run a solid 60fps (locked)

While its not the best card, its a good card that runs basically every game i throw at it usually 60 fps or more.
when i spawn in im at like 90 fps or so prob cuz im inside. then once i load lspdfr and start duty, with my plugins im around 40 fps.

End the discord process if you have it running, don't just close the window, end it in task manager. Discord is know to cause alot of issues with GTA V from Frame rate drops to not being able to use your numpad

Edited by 0taku

if your replying to me Please @0taku or Quote me so I get a notification 

39 minutes ago, 0taku said:

End the discord process if you have it running, don't just close the window, end it in task manager. Discord is know to cause alot of issues with GTA V from Frame rate drops to not being able to use your numpad

Ill do that, thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, Hvlioss said:

Ill do that, thanks 🙂

Didnt work. still getting 35-40. but says im using 1900mb of 4096 vram. lol

17 hours ago, Hvlioss said:

Didnt work. still getting 35-40. but says im using 1900mb of 4096 vram. lol

If you can try opening taskmanger while playing GTA V (Window mode works well for this) and see if anything other then GTA is using alot of resources 

Also what are your 'advance graphics' settings set to

Edited by 0taku

if your replying to me Please @0taku or Quote me so I get a notification 

I sometimes dip into like the 25 area when a bunch of units and stuff is on scene, it's so bad. Then again I do have like a half decade old rig if not more. Very old VGU and CPU and Memory is not the newest DDR, although it is 16GB. Cannot wait till I do my big $900-1,200 new build and can be playing LSPDFR with all my mods and stuff at a smooth and stable and truely playable FPS lol.

derp.png

4-DAVID-20 

in order to boost your FPS, you have to upgrade your existing GPU, moreover, increase your ram and some high spec processor like i7 extreme or i9, install new SSD drive, so the game will load faster