Wiggleman

Open IV virus

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Wiggleman said:

ok, so I recently got lspdfr and when I went to download Open IV my anti-virus (Mcafee) labeled it a virus. Is it? If no why is it labeled one? Thanks! ((I didn't know what topic this should be under))

Did you download Open IV here http://openiv.com/? If yes, McAfee is most likely marking it as a virus by mistake. It's kind of known for that.

Edited by TheOken

Posted (edited)

I tried downloading it from gta 5 mods.com and the openiv website. Both times it was labeled a virus. Also what do you mean by its known for that? 

1 hour ago, TheOken said:

Did you download Open IV here http://openiv.com/? If yes, McAfee is most likely marking it as a virus by mistake. It's are kind of known for that.

I tried downloading it from gta 5 mods.com and the openiv website. Both times it was labeled a virus. Also what do you mean by its know for that?

Edited by Wiggleman

He means that anti virus programs are known to give open iv and similar programs false positives.   You are fine just download and enjoy 😀 

The type of program  (it’s a program made to modify files obviously) so it triggers anti virus warnings.    I can’t get much more specific than that.  

Doesn’t matter.  If it were me I would go right from site so u know it’s most recent version 

Iv run into the same problem with bitdefender. But if anyone else has bitdefender, you know how difficult it is to make the stupid thing stop blocking everything. Iv tried everything and honestly I think it just hates openiv.

Los Santos Metropolitan Police Department: Special Operations Division

7 hours ago, JBin818 said:

One of the few reasons I got rid of McAfee.  McAfee would label it's own antivirus as a virus if it could.  😄

that just made me lmao...……..sad part is I know you are half serious  lol

ps  glad to hear you sorted your game out...happy playing

Edited by Boone4796