medicbobs

Is keeping GTA 5 up to date the best?

So I've always had the old V1180 to run LSPDFR, but Scripthook and Rage keep updating, so I would like to be current on any changes or bugs they might have fixed in the current versions. My question is should I update to the current V1604 since it is both supported now? Also, will I see any improvements by doing this? Less crashes and things of that sort? Is there any big or graphical changes with all these GTA updates?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, medicbobs said:

So I've always had the old V1180 to run LSPDFR, but Scripthook and Rage keep updating, so I would like to be current on any changes or bugs they might have fixed in the current versions. My question is should I update to the current V1604 since it is both supported now? Also, will I see any improvements by doing this? Less crashes and things of that sort? Is there any big or graphical changes with all these GTA updates?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. 

It's recommended to keep everything up to date, but certainly not a requirement.  I refuse to ever update unless forced, which is why I'm still a few RPH versions behind.  You should have less issues, but no one can say for sure, as other things factor in such as what mods you install and other issues.  What it comes down to, if you don't want to update because it's a hassle, don't do it.  If you want to keep up to date with features and possible stability and fps improvements, update.

There's no wrong choice, it comes down to what's convenient for you.

I, too, resist updates as long as humanly possible. I think this was my last update until 0.4 releases. Even then I'll probably keep these files somewhere and switch out from time to time depending on how 0.4 is and how quickly it's supported.

9 minutes ago, Will Zoftrak said:

I, too, resist updates as long as humanly possible. I think this was my last update until 0.4 releases. Even then I'll probably keep these files somewhere and switch out from time to time depending on how 0.4 is and how quickly it's supported.

As nice as 0.4 is looking, I probably won't even update.  I usually only update when I am forced to.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Giordano said:

As nice as 0.4 is looking, I probably won't even update.  I usually only update when I am forced to.

I recall being six months plus without updating. When does the forcing update start and how does it work?

Most of my issues with LSPDFR are with things that are probably impossible to change, and keep it stable, unless you're Rockstar or a developer with the tools to do it. So I don't see 0.4 as being a big deal for me personally.

Edited by Will Zoftrak

I run everything on the most recent update, which happened by accident...as I also ran on a older version like you guys. But surprisingly...it's not as bad as I thought, LSPDFR (not the game itself) crashes probably once ever 1,5-3 hours of playtime. I think most people have around that as well, but I simply reloadplugins and keep going if I want to.  

And as far as I can remember back on my older version, crashes weren't rare either, so i think it's all still about the same atm. 

i'm still running patch 1180 & RPH 0.57

the main reason is any later patch newer than 1180 are having performance issue. i got 10+ fps drop when using them.

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll keep good ole 1180 and 0.57 for now. Seems to be doing good. Can't wait for that 0.4!!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:06 PM, medicbobs said:

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'll keep good ole 1180 and 0.57 for now. Seems to be doing good. Can't wait for that 0.4!!

I'm on RPH57  just cant get RPH64 to run, even with only albo's plugins … can get it to run without plugins... somethings not right lost a whole lot of life trying to sort it too