Posted (edited)

I thought of an idea. Maybe LSPDFR administrators can create rewards for people who are active in LSPDFR? Once a year?

At least this is an encouragement to the creators.

Edited by HaDoCk987

We've tried awards in the past, but all it ended up doing was making people even more egotistical and demanding of special treatment. Not to say that it wont ever be tried again, but in my personal opinion, it's unlikely.

Awards for activity are especially toxic, since it may encourage spamming, or effortless content submission. 

Personally, awarding people for being active is a slap in the face to those who are semi active.  There are plenty of people who come by once in a while, make a good post, and vanish for a again.  Being active doesn't necessarily mean the person is providing worthwhile posts.

7 hours ago, Original Light said:

We've tried awards in the past, but all it ended up doing was making people even more egotistical and demanding of special treatment. Not to say that it wont ever be tried again, but in my personal opinion, it's unlikely.

Awards for activity are especially toxic, since it may encourage spamming, or effortless content submission. 

Lets give awards out to the most toxic users. I would've won several years in a row if we had those back in the good ol' days.

15 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Lets give awards out to the most toxic users. I would've won several years in a row if we had those back in the good ol' days.

It's crazy how time flies, I remember you back from the 2012 days. 7 years ago...  

On 1/8/2019 at 7:32 PM, Original Light said:

It's crazy how time flies, I remember you back from the 2012 days. 7 years ago...  

When I look back at all of my old posts I wanna press my face against my keyboard. So much has happened since I first joined. I'll tell you what though, it does not at all feel like it's been 7 years lol.

37 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

When I look back at all of my old posts I wanna press my face against my keyboard.

Trust me, we've all been there.  I was terrible when I was a teenager browsing communities.

16 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Trust me, we've all been there.  I was terrible when I was a teenager browsing communities.

You have changed a lot between alpha and beta versions. Still many bugs to work out.