K9 Police 9

Couple Question's

Hey

kinda been inactive / away  & haven't done modding for like over a year was wondering  did lotta this in Liberty city / gta 4  started in gta 5 then irl took over so been outta it

How does 1 do 4k skins and whats the difference   guessing you still save them as png's to
can you still do multi skins on 1 car 
can  like liberty city  can you rename files say from like police 1 to police 2 and will they still work 
&
what's this 5 m or 5 something I see in the DL section with the police car's

Thnkz 🙂

24 minutes ago, K9 Police 9 said:

Hey

kinda been inactive / away  & haven't done modding for like over a year was wondering  did lotta this in Liberty city / gta 4  started in gta 5 then irl took over so been outta it

How does 1 do 4k skins and whats the difference   guessing you still save them as png's to
can you still do multi skins on 1 car 
can  like liberty city  can you rename files say from like police 1 to police 2 and will they still work 
&

Thnkz 🙂

Welcome back to modding!  The difference between 2k and 4k textures is quality.  4k is supposed to be better quality, but no idea how you make them.

can you still do multi skins on 1 car

Yes, if the person who made the car set it up that way.

can like liberty city can you rename files say from like police 1 to police 2 and will they still work

Yep!

five m is just another modification that allows people to play a bootleg GTA online/multiplayer with each other.  They do roleplay, which there are cops and civilians. 5m is completely separate from LSPDFR and LSPDFR does not work with fivem.  The only reason you see it in the downloads is because you can still install some limited mods to fivem.

8 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Welcome back to modding!  The difference between 2k and 4k textures is quality.  4k is supposed to be better quality, but no idea how you make them.

Yes, if the person who made the car set it up that way.

Yep!

five m is just another modification that allows people to play a bootleg GTA online/multiplayer with each other.  They do roleplay, which there are cops and civilians. 5m is completely separate from LSPDFR and LSPDFR does not work with fivem.  The only reason you see it in the downloads is because you can still install some limited mods to fivem.

Thnkz  🙂

guessing every1 pefers the 4k to   hopeful some1 knows 

Edited by K9 Police 9

43 minutes ago, K9 Police 9 said:

Thnkz  🙂

guessing every1 pefers the 4k to   hopeful some1 knows 

I wouldn't say everyone.  4k textures are nice, but not everyone cares about super high def skins.

In what ever art/photo program you use, 4k texuters are done on a canvas of 4096X4096 and offer a nice high res image (when done right), Next size down is 2048X2048. Textures are generally done in a multiple of 64.

So working from smallest to largest would be 64x64, 128x128, 256X256, 512X512, 1024X1024, 2048X2048 and 4096X4096.
Best to stick to 2048 or 4096 for the skin of the car.  I would suggest using the 4K or 2K in the (modelname)+hi.ytd file as this only lod on the L0 so right up close, then export a lower res  of 1024x1024 on put it in the (modelname).ytd so your game doesn't have to work loading hi res detail that you won't see from far away .

if your replying to me Please @0taku or Quote me so I get a notification 

50 minutes ago, 0taku said:

In what ever art/photo program you use, 4k texuters are done on a canvas of 4096X4096 and offer a nice high res image (when done right), Next size down is 2048X2048. Textures are generally done in a multiple of 64.

So working from smallest to largest would be 64x64, 128x128, 256X256, 512X512, 1024X1024, 2048X2048 and 4096X4096.
Best to stick to 2048 or 4096 for the skin of the car.  I would suggest using the 4K or 2K in the (modelname)+hi.ytd file as this only lod on the L0 so right up close, then export a lower res  of 1024x1024 on put it in the (modelname).ytd so your game doesn't have to work loading hi res detail that you won't see from far away .

thnkz little more complicated then liberty city /gta4