Atlas315

What are you guys running for driving controls? Gamepads, wheels, etc?

I'm curious because I'm considering changing my setup, at least a little. At the moment I just use an Xbox controller for driving, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Using the trigger for throttle is particularly annoying; it seems like the trigger will travel halfway before the throttle even engages, and then it suddenly revs near to the top of the range and sends me flying forward. Obviously not great for smooth driving.

Then your controller could be broken, or faulty. My controller doesn't do this. But you have to be careful on the throttle (like, very careful). Also, GTA wasn't meant to be driven smoothly or legally if that is the game you are talking about. 

I also play Forza Horizon 3 & 4 with controller, without much issue. Of course, a wheel  and pedals is gives more of a racing experience. I still remember playing Midtown Madness 2 with a racewheel and pedals. It was brilliant!

"Don't quote me on that" - ineseri

I can't speak for all Xbox controllers but, I would suggest switching to a PS3 or PS4 controller, I use one and if I lightly press the trigger I slowly move drive, same with the brake. As far I know that Xbox doesn't do this, instead its an 'all or nothing' thing. while the PS3 might be Cheaper I would suggest a PS4. Steam has support for the PS4 and should at least emulate a Microsoft control for buttons. 

Edited by 0taku

if your replying to me Please @0taku or Quote me so I get a notification 

On 12/19/2018 at 3:55 AM, ineseri said:

Then your controller could be broken, or faulty. My controller doesn't do this. But you have to be careful on the throttle (like, very careful). Also, GTA wasn't meant to be driven smoothly or legally if that is the game you are talking about. 

I also play Forza Horizon 3 & 4 with controller, without much issue. Of course, a wheel  and pedals is gives more of a racing experience. I still remember playing Midtown Madness 2 with a racewheel and pedals. It was brilliant!

I've seriously considered getting a cheap set of pedals just for LSPDFR, but it seems like all of them are $100+.

I'm using my 12 year old Logitech G25 with ikt's manual transmission mod as well.  The mod's transmission portion was broken by the latest update, but the wheel's controls still work with the mod disabled.   I also run the realistic driving mod, which goes with the wheel nicely for me.

Given the age of my wheel, I won't know what to do when it gives up the ghost.  The H-shifter has been broke for several years, but everything else still works nicely and I don't play any driving/racing games without it...and I'm on a fixed income.  😕